C5 estate rear tailgate and window

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

manorborn
New User

C5 estate rear tailgate and window

Post by manorborn »

Hi everyone I have an 04 estate that I am having trouble with, sometimes after I stop the car the tailgate won't open
nor will the rear window after locking and unlocking the car a few times it does open, I have changed the micro switch
With no joy, I was wondering if it could have anything to do with the sensor that locks the tailgate after you reach a certain speed, has anyone else had this problem.
Cheers Bill
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: C5 estate rear tailgate and window

Post by qprdude »

Hello manorborn. Not sure on this, but a BSI reset could be an option. Costs nothing and needs no parts or skill.
This is a postfrom someone on the forum with a procedure for it. There may be ones with more detail if you do a search for "BSI Reset".

"First thing i would try for a fault like this is a BSI reset.
To do this take the keys out the ignition (but dont leave them in the car), open the bonnet, close all the doors & boot, wait at least 3 minutes (during this time dont open any doors or press any remote buttons), disconnect one of the battery leads (positive is easier as you dont need tools). Wait 3 minutes then reconect the battery, wait another 3 minutes before opening any doors or doing anything. get inside the car & switch the ignition on then keep pressing the lock button on the remote repeatedly for 10 seconds, remove the key from the ignition then wait 30 seconds & try the remote & locking buttons to see if they now work."
Also were all the fuses checked of just the ones that list anything to do with the locking rch for "BSI Reset"
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: C5 estate rear tailgate and window

Post by wheeler »

Does the display on the dash recognise the drivers door opening ?
The tailgate auto locks when driving & wont unlock till you open the drivers door, if the BSI doesent see the drivers door opening it wont let the tailgate open.