C5 2.2 2003 Comm 2000 programming with Lexia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chasqui
(Donor 2020)

C5 2.2 2003 Comm 2000 programming with Lexia

Post by chasqui »

Greetings fellow forum readers.

Can anyone be kind enough to talk me through programming a replacement comm 2000 to my C5?

For a few months the headlights would just come on at random when selecting the left indicator. Then it started to happen when using the right indicator. Then they would just go off a few seconds after cancelling the indicator.

After a lot of reading, it became obvious my Comm 2000 was at fault. I have got a new one and fitted it. I understand I have to program it to the car, but I just can't figure out how.

I have Lexia 3 and I can do a Global Test or Test by Function. I eventually get to a screen that does show the Comm 2000 but I cannot see how or where to put the chassis number.

Can any expert out there help me please? My version of Lexia 3 is not the latest one, but I am sure it should be up to the task.

At the moment all the indicator and headlamps side of things appears to work ok. However I do have an ESP Permanent fault which I didn't have before. I am hoping that by programming the Comm 2000 this will disappear.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome!

Many thanks in advance,

Henry
chasqui
(Donor 2020)

Re: C5 2.2 2003 Comm 2000 programming with Lexia

Post by chasqui »

I have sussed it..

I was going about this the wrong way. You don't program the Comm 2000 unit. This is essentially "plug and play".

What you program is the ESP function by using Lexia to calibrate the turn on the steering wheel.

Once on the right menu, a piece of cake.

Henry