Antipollution Fault... and Windscreen Washers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

captaintau
My Cars:

Antipollution Fault... and Windscreen Washers

Post by captaintau »

I've finally worked out the cause of my Anti-Pollution Fault. It comes on whenever I use the front or rear screen washers! Bizarre. As I think about it, I think the fault first came on as I used the washers in the rain whilst driving down the M40. I remember thinking "I don't want want to be stood in the rain waiting for the RAC."

Incidentally I'd found that nearly all of my fuses in my glovebox fuse box are wrong. I discovered this whilst trying to fix my dash LCD. I have to wonder if it's all related. I also have to wonder what the previous owner was playing at. The fuse box door was off when I bought the car.

The next problem is that the fuse removal tool is missing and the one I bought from Halfords is too wide to get the fuses out.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Antipollution Fault... and Windscreen Washers

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Sometimes Poundland will sell a box of car fuses (IIRC forty), and sometimes there is a fuse puller in the pack.

EDIT; just checked my two packs and they both have fuse pullers. They are too long to fit in the holder in the internal fuse box though.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 28 May 2013, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Good tip James. I have been prevaricating about buying some. My fuse puller is missing and my internal lights (the manual ones) and fag lighter don't work, must be a fuse as the bulbs check out OK.
Been hoping they would make an appearance in Aldi. There's a Poundland next door :)
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

myglaren wrote:Good tip James. I have been prevaricating about buying some. My fuse puller is missing and my internal lights (the manual ones) and fag lighter don't work, must be a fuse as the bulbs check out OK.
Been hoping they would make an appearance in Aldi. There's a Poundland next door :)
Stop smoking and buy a torch! :lol: :lol: :wink:
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I don't smoke but the lighter socket is useful for the satnav as I use the centre socket for the phone.
The automatic lights work but not the four reading lights and the glovebox light.
captaintau
My Cars:

Post by captaintau »

myglaren wrote:I don't smoke but the lighter socket is useful for the satnav as I use the centre socket for the phone.
I use one of these to power everything from the centre socket:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-Universa ... tomtom+usb