Xsara 2.0 hdi no connection bsi and ecu

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vecky4858

Xsara 2.0 hdi no connection bsi and ecu

Post by vecky4858 »

Hi there. I do not know where to start. A month ago I bought a Xsara 2.0 HDI. (2001) The next day everything was fine, but then the car just wont start. I bought a new accumolator - no difference. I called a "master" and so it all began.
1.He made me buy a new computer that he would reprogram. - Nothing happened!
2. I bought another BSI, he has to change the code to the immobilizer - still nothing!
3. I bought a whole set ECU, BSI and key in which he assured me that this is going to resolve the problem. - No luck again!
We can not make a connection between BSI and ECU, there is no check engine light on the dashboard.
Today i've done some work alone and found two relays with warm terminals. One is tied to the + on the accumulators and the other green (square) in the box under the windshield wipers. Starter already spinning, but will not start. In contact can not hear the pump, but I guess the ECU- should let signal to. Does anyone have a similar problem that has been done or any suggestions!
Thank you!
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hi, are you in one of the warmer countries?

The most common failure I see in Australia (hot climate) is of the fuse panel beside the battery; it often develops internal faults and then the car will not start or run. French name for this piece is "platine servitude fusibles" or PSF, but many people call it the "BSM" because the ID labels say that.
vecky4858

Re: Xsara 2.0 hdi no connection bsi and ecu

Post by vecky4858 »

No,mate! UK! You know, the summer here is about 20 degrees. A month ago was even colder then now.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

It could still be your BSM which is faulty.

This part is not programmed to the car - if you find another which you know to work, and it looks the same - swap it with yours and try.
vecky4858

Re: Xsara 2.0 hdi no connection bsi and ecu

Post by vecky4858 »

I did try this, but no difference at all. How lucky am i to get a faulty set again. Should i go and get another one? Does it worth a try? What do you think?