Amalucado's Refrigerator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

amalucado
New User
My Cars:

Amalucado's Refrigerator

Post by amalucado »

Cordial greetings to all in the forum.

Have stop here for some time but will only now had time to make the introductions.

Please be gentle with me ,because I speak little english and I am using Google Translator... Image

My name is Paulo ( in english the equivalent is Paul ) and I am Portuguese.

I live in a wonderfull place Image It seems the creator used the protractor here ...

São Martinho do Porto Image

About this car I love so much :

This Citroen is delivered to my wife and was one of the best deals of my life.

Powerful, economical and reliable QB, just have given me joy today. :D

Zero mechanical breakdowns, today only replace a tube circuit air conditioning and a battery.

We call it affectionately as .... "our fridge" ...

Image ... it is white, it's cold inside and when opening the door turns on the light.

I do not intend to sell it and I see myself in 10 years to lead it.

It's a Citroen C3 1.4HDI 16V SX Pack , January 2003 and currently have about 78,000 KMs.

Some photos of the meteor: Image

The choice blank was the best option to cope with the summer heat ... Heats least strives less air conditioning. ;)

Disadvantage: It gets more dirty ... but for that there is water for washing. :D Sometimes,it rains a lot :lol:

Mr. Motor »» »» »1.4HDI 16V

97 horsepower / 200 NM torque

Fuel: Diesel (and also burning biodiesel or vegetable oil)

10 years old , and do seem new

Here without lid valve covering . Note that the battery is enclosed in a dust guard.

The engine is extremely compact. There is not much room to fiddle around ...

When I finished the starting trial (up to 1500 KMs) figured consuming 3.6 liters \ 100 KMs on highway and 5 liter \ 100 KMs in town.

Currently in consumption is 6.5 liters \ 100 KMs in town.

I assume that the engine is ageing and clearances ... you may need to tune the injection pump and replace the nozzles.

The EGR valve access will be very difficult to predict, since she will meet with mounted partition for the passenger compartment. I intend to take it apart along with the pipe to perform their cleaning. Over the years it clogs and the engine will lack breath.

Still not notice anything like that ... but not spinning.

More pictures:

I wanted to enjoy taking a photo but the day was typical April

Here it started to rain and I had to shelter in the refrigerator. :o :P :P

Since the ancients said: "In April ... thousand waters ..." ( In portuguese it rimes - we loose the meaning on translation... :oops: )

As this vehicle was premiered by me from the beginning, that the water takes on the windscreen washer is distilled. Here there is no limestone or clogging. The hoses are new to tighten.

The distilled water will have her tassel because the dehumidifier produces about 200 liters of it per year.
I give it to the family and friends and I just had to send it down the drain ... ;) ;)

When I see unconscious people, in fuel stations implementing public water supply in cars ... just makes me want to cry and give them a spanking in the ass.
They are killing the automobile ... Image Image Image Image Image

I had to change a tube from the air conditioner when the 60,000 KMs. Was ruptured in welding.
It was a manufacturing defect was detected but out of warranty Image Image Image Image

And it's all for now.

Please do criticize and ask ...

An participated forum ... is a live forum.

Greatings from Portugal Image
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Amalucado's Refrigerator

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Welcome aboard, Paulo. That looks like a nice, well loved car (and a lovely part of the world).

Diesel engines do like to be worked hard every so often to keep things moving properly, injectors clear, and so on, so a good run on a highway every month or so should help.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Hello Paulo. Welcome to the Forum.
Sorry, I would not swop cars with you, but I will swop homes if you like. We have been to Portugal (Algarve) many times, and it is very beautiful. It is also less expensive than UK.
Your Citroen C3 looks very nice and you obviously care for it, but I prefer the bigger C5. :wink:

I should add, your translator is doing a fine job.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Welcome Paulo thats a beautiful place where you live.