C8 SatNav - how can I delete addresses in the "directory?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

brittleware

C8 SatNav - how can I delete addresses in the "directory?

Post by brittleware »

I have about four versions of "Home" in my RT3 Connect (NOT Connect plus) directory. Anyone know how I can delete most of them? There seems to be no "delete" option in any of the menus.(For the phone, it's easy.)
Citroen 2cv
Citroen 2.5 Safari
Citroen XM 3.0 V6
Citroen XM 2.0 turbo
Fiat Ulysse 2.2Hdi
brittleware

Re: C8 SatNav - how can I delete addresses in the "directory

Post by brittleware »

From the Fiat (Ulysse) forum:

"On my RT3 system, I use one directory with my name as its title. This directory seems to store all my phone contacts and NAV DIRECTORY entries together in a single 'file'. However, the RT3 seems to use the term 'file' to mean a single entry in a 'directory'. Also, the NAV directory seems to select destinations from the USER directory and ignores phone number entries.

If you select the DIRECTORY functions and CONSULT your USER directory you should find several entries for HOME. Use the DELETE FILE option to erase the entries you don't want. When you go back to the NAV function, and look in the SELECT DESTINATION\DIRECTORY it should only have the HOME entry you want. For this to work you will need to check that there are no entries for HOME in the other USER directories (USER1, USER2, USER3, USER4). I only use the USER1 directory, the title of which I have changed to my name.

I use the ARCHIVE function to put any entries in my RECENT DESTINATIONS folder, which I want to re-use, into my user directory. I have not yet found a way to delete an entry from the RECENT DESTINATIONS folder but have not found this to be a problem."
Citroen 2cv
Citroen 2.5 Safari
Citroen XM 3.0 V6
Citroen XM 2.0 turbo
Fiat Ulysse 2.2Hdi
brittleware

Re: C8 SatNav - how can I delete addresses in the "directory

Post by brittleware »

In fact erasing all recent destinations is quite easy: "Menu" - "Navigation" - "Guidance Options" - "Delete Last Destinations".
Citroen 2cv
Citroen 2.5 Safari
Citroen XM 3.0 V6
Citroen XM 2.0 turbo
Fiat Ulysse 2.2Hdi