Changing C5 air and pollen filters - easy?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

evoke

Changing C5 air and pollen filters - easy?

Post by evoke »

Has anyone changed the air and pollen filters on a MKIII C5? Is it an easy job to do?
2008 Citroen C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive
marcon

Re: Changing C5 air and pollen filters - easy?

Post by marcon »

No it is not easy but do-able.

Make sure you put the passenger seat as far back as possible (right hand drive car) and you will also have to remove the panel with footwell light which has two little clips that turn and the whole panel comes down. Panel to right of footwell - one torex screw but a flathead screwdriver will do. Slide this panel forward and it will then come off. You will then see a black plastic cover covering the pollen filter. Squeeze the two clips at the bottom of this black cover to remove. The pollen filter will then slide out. Half way out you will have to bend it towards you to get it out.
Last edited by marcon on 26 May 2013, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

That file is on your hard drive.
marcon

Post by marcon »

Sorry about that I can't get the photos to paste here. http://service.citroen.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This is the site I downloaded the pictures from but it is a pay for service and I bought 1 hr access. I was desperate to find the pollen filter and this was the only way I could get the info. If it is possible to privately send me an email I will see if they can be sent as an attachement.
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

Here's a pic from service pages. I hope this helps. I don't remember if this was from LHD or RHD.
#5 - pollen filter, #6 - filter plug

Some more comments:
1. Linking a pic is easy if you have an account for example in PhotoBucket or similar.
The above pic is linked from my personal album like [URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/VertV ....

2. If you use service pages and select the "FREE SERVICES --> Replacement parts and documentation" they are all free of charge. 8-)
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual