2004 C5 VTR Multifunction Display

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PodgeW
My Cars:

2004 C5 VTR Multifunction Display

Post by PodgeW »

Hi All, I have just bought a 2004 C5 VTR Estate. When I bought it, the previous owner told me that the Radio / Sat Nav unit had packed up and he replaced it with a standard Goodmans radio, he said that the multifunction display screen wasn't working as it was connected to the radio and he couldn't connect it to the replacement radio. On taking out the radio to have a look behind at the wiring, I see that he had hacked the wiring and there are loose wires everywhere. I traced the 2 orange wires from the 7" display unit and the are just snipped. He also snipped the main power and ran a new power supply line directly to the radio.

I understand that it is difficult to explain but is there anyway to rewire the multifunction display and bypass the radio for the time being until I get enough together to purchase the correct replacement head unit and possibly a new complete loom set.

Many thanks in advance.

Podge
PodgeW
My Cars:

Re: 2004 C5 VTR Multifunction Display

Post by PodgeW »

Would anybody have a wiring diagram for 04 C5 estate radio and multifunction display?
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Podge, what's the last 8 digits of your vin? with that I'll see what I can find for you.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
PodgeW
My Cars:

Post by PodgeW »

Dear Ben82, Very sorry I haven't replied was out of action for some time and only getting back to you now. the last 8 digits on the VIN are 76511787. Would really appreciate any assistance. Thanks Podge.
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Hi Podge,

Here you go:
Radio: (lots of diagrams!) " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Multifunction Screen: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note, they'll look like completely blank black images on imgur, but I can assure you they aren't, click the download link on the right to download the whole album,to see they aren't :)
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!