Xantia hdi heater blower

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Taffyrhys
My Cars:

Xantia hdi heater blower

Post by Taffyrhys »

I had the old problem of the heater blower running at all times on full blast and have brought a new blower motor resistor from ebay, which i have just fitted and now the blower wont work at all.

Do you think the new resistor pack is duff? is there a way to check it or could it be the slider, any help would be appreciated. As i'm a little stumped on what to do next? :( :( :(
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Xantia hdi heater blower

Post by RichardW »

taffyrhys wrote:Do you think the new resistor pack is duff?
Quie possibly - see This post by Jim. Check the markings on the transistors.

I bought a board from autosense which has the right trannies, and works fine, eg blower board
Richard W
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Id point at the transister pack too.. Its highly unlikely to be the slider..
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Taffyrhys
My Cars:

Post by Taffyrhys »

I'm wodering if the resistor pack is the correct one???????????????

The old one that has failed is marked FW26025 A1 -------------- The new one brought from ebay is marked MJ11016 (mexico 0133), could this be the problem?
apart from this they look exactly the same. :? :?

Are the resistors different, what do you think Jim?

Is there a way to test the resistor pack with a volt meter?

Thanks for the help and at least its not cold.

Cheers

Ade
Taffyrhys
My Cars:

Re: Xantia hdi heater blower switch

Post by Taffyrhys »

Can anyone tell me if and how i can connect an independant variable switch/? straight onto the heater blower so i can bypass the heater blower resistors.

My car has high mileage and a bit rough round the edges so has no value except to me ,so i wish to keep the costs down.

Would i need to use a relay straight off the battery.

Cheers

Ade
stevestix8
My Cars: Xantia SX H.d.i 2.0L (S reg, 98)

Post by stevestix8 »

HI,

Heater problems are very common. I had the same prob on my 2.0l hdi Xantia.

The fix kit for me worked perfectly. (see thread for the exact fix kit I used, http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=41428" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

Have looked for these transistors (fw26025a1) and not many places have them. RS components and maplins didn't have them. I looked at europarts and 24/7 parts and they didn't have any.

I found on ebay a Citroen blower fix kit.

This kit is ideal, he supplies along with the good high quality heat glue, the 2 x 30amp transistors which are better than original 20amp trannys.

You need to make sure you have replaced both tranny's (with better ones ideally) Take your old 1 apart, clean the triangle shaped piece, remove old tranny's, and any old heat glue. The new fix kit will have some details. You will need to put a decent amount of heat glue to new tranny's, (approx 1mm evenly) Fit the new parts incl screws, bolt heads.

Then if yours is like mine when you reassemble in the housing it will fix the prob. Transistors die every few years and so should be a simple fix.

If you have tried this then you may have a completely faulty part. You could replace the whole blower unit with 1 from a scrap yard for perhaps a £10. Though there is no guarantee how long those transistors will work for.

You are better doing what I did and keeping the existing blower unit and replacing with new 30 amp transistors.

Hope this helps,

Steve