C8 side lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hunsno1

C8 side lights

Post by Hunsno1 »

Hi Folks

Wondering if you can help me.

My wifes C8 is currently doing without sidelights on the offside of the car. I had a look at the weekend and replaced the two offside rear sidelight bulbs. I tried to do the front but christ knows how you get to it!!! Anyway still no luck so I dug the multimeter out and there's no power going to the offside sidelights front or rear.

Had a look in the handbook and it may as well be written in French for all the help it is.

I'm just wondering, is there a fuse (if so which one) or is it on of these systems where if one bulb has gone the entire circuit goes?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary
MTND
My Cars: Xantia 1.9td sx early N reg 1995. owned 17 years!
Alfa Romeo 916 Spider 2005.
Ford Focus Titanium X 2017, Nearly done 300 miles

Re: C8 side lights

Post by MTND »

Hunsno1 wrote:Hi Folks

Wondering if you can help me.

My wifes C8 is currently doing without sidelights on the offside of the car. I had a look at the weekend and replaced the two offside rear sidelight bulbs. I tried to do the front but christ knows how you get to it!!! Anyway still no luck so I dug the multimeter out and there's no power going to the offside sidelights front or rear.

Had a look in the handbook and it may as well be written in French for all the help it is.

I'm just wondering, is there a fuse (if so which one) or is it on of these systems where if one bulb has gone the entire circuit goes?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary
Can't help much Gary if it was just the rear I wonder if its anything to do with the rear wash/wipe leaking as mine did when I had it and it got very wet in there?
Just a thought
Regards
Mark
1995 Xantia 1.9 TD SX owned 17 years
Alfa Romeo 916 GTV Spider 2005
Ford Focus Titanium X 2017
davegtr

Post by davegtr »

according to autodata you are looking for fuse F22 which is for LH side lamps, to late to check with lexia as to dark to go to car because neighbors are nozy :) but advise to do a bsi reset if fuse is ok as it helped alot with some issues i had with my C8, hope it helps

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door test central locking system.
Start the engine and complete the system's check.
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

Front sidelights are the easiest bulbs on the car to change, but you need to know how..
Grab the light, slide it toward the outside, then the other side (nearest the middle of the car) will be free to pull forward.
Hunsno1

Post by Hunsno1 »

davegtr wrote:according to autodata you are looking for fuse F22 which is for LH side lamps, to late to check with lexia as to dark to go to car because neighbors are nozy :) but advise to do a bsi reset if fuse is ok as it helped alot with some issues i had with my C8, hope it helps

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door test central locking system.
Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Cheers for this. I'll give it a go. That's once i've got the code for the radio. It's not written in any of the books that came with the car.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Check with the dealer, if it is the same as C5 radios there is no code, it is coded to the car's VIN and only needs recoding if you transfer it to another car or fit one transferred from a different car.
To do that you need a Lexia.
Hunsno1

Post by Hunsno1 »

Well i've sorted the lights. More luck than judgement though.

The fuses under the dash are numbered but it wasn't the 10amp fuse alongside the no 22 but the 10 amp fuse on the top left corner (couldn't read the number!!).

What bugs me the most is that the diadram in the book bears absolutely no relation to the fuse box either in layout or numbering! Still trying to work out why the cigarette lighter isn't working but I might just wire it in again so I can at least I know whats what!

Rant over.....

for now!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Hunsno1 wrote:Well i've sorted the lights. More luck than judgement though.

The fuses under the dash are numbered but it wasn't the 10amp fuse alongside the no 22 but the 10 amp fuse on the top left corner (couldn't read the number!!).

What bugs me the most is that the diadram in the book bears absolutely no relation to the fuse box either in layout or numbering! Still trying to work out why the cigarette lighter isn't working but I might just wire it in again so I can at least I know whats what!

Rant over.....

for now!
You should see the ones in a C3 :shock:
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Definitely no radio code on a C8, just the same as the C5.
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

=D>
Hunsno1 wrote:The fuses under the dash are numbered but it wasn't the 10amp fuse alongside the no 22 but the 10 amp fuse on the top left corner (couldn't read the number!!).
I have a Peugeot 807 handbook which I can email if you PM me your address. Fuse 22 is "left side lights". Fuse 12 is in a corner and is described as "right side lights"
Hunsno1 wrote:What bugs me the most is that the diadram in the book bears absolutely no relation to the fuse box either in layout or numbering! Still trying to work out why the cigarette lighter isn't working but I might just wire it in again so I can at least I know whats what!
Quick look at the '807 handbook and it only says which fuses do the 2nd and 3rd row 12V accessories sockets.
Hunsno1 wrote: Rant over.....
for now!
I understand your frustration. Had ours 2 years now and am slowly getting to like it.

Edit:

Hunsno1

Post by Hunsno1 »

miked wrote:
=D>
Hunsno1 wrote:The fuses under the dash are numbered but it wasn't the 10amp fuse alongside the no 22 but the 10 amp fuse on the top left corner (couldn't read the number!!).
I have a Peugeot 807 handbook which I can email if you PM me your address. Fuse 22 is "left side lights". Fuse 12 is in a corner and is described as "right side lights"
Hunsno1 wrote:What bugs me the most is that the diadram in the book bears absolutely no relation to the fuse box either in layout or numbering! Still trying to work out why the cigarette lighter isn't working but I might just wire it in again so I can at least I know whats what!
Quick look at the '807 handbook and it only says which fuses do the 2nd and 3rd row 12V accessories sockets.
Hunsno1 wrote: Rant over.....
for now!
I understand your frustration. Had ours 2 years now and am slowly getting to like it.

Edit:

Hi Mike, First time i've been on in a couple of days. Thanks for the fuse box details. I'm going to print it off and put it in the cars manual.

We actually really like the car. My wifes a childminder so its perfect for her and unlike most other people carriers I actually like driving it. I think once we get these little electrical niggles out of the way we'll be fine.

Thanks to everyone who posted and helped me out. Its much appreciated.