2010 C5 Exclusive Radio has no sound

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ricksta

2010 C5 Exclusive Radio has no sound

Post by Ricksta »

I have a 2010 C5 Exclusive and occasionally the radio has no sound. It appears to be working fine with everything functioning properly on all sources (including Bluetooth) but just no sound. Pushing buttons and twiddling knobs makes no difference. The only thing that fixes it is turning the car off for a period of time. A simple turn the car off, get out, lock it, get back in, does not fix the problem, so I am not sure how long it takes for it to reset itself. This problem would occur on average once a month, so not something I can show the service guys. Has anyone else had this problem?
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: 2010 C5 Exclusive Radio has no sound

Post by bobins »

If you haven't already done so, it might be worth updating the firmware for your radio. The RNEG (radio Nav) system fitted to some C5(X7) does apparently suffer random audio loss which can (allegedly) be overcome by updating to the latest firmware - a fairly simple job of copying the firmware to either an SD card or CD, bunging it in the appropriate place in the radio(!), turning on the engine, follow the instructions whilst running the engine as the update takes place, which can take around 20 minutes..... BUT, this is only the procedure for the RNEG system - I don't know what system your car runs, and I don't know what the update procedure or common faults are with other C5 radio/navigation systems. ISTR some systems also suffered from their miniature cooling fans stopping working causing the radionav to stop working due to an overheat.
Cheers,
Bobins.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Ricksta

Post by Ricksta »

That sounds like a plan. Where would one find this firmware?

Cheers
Rick
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

First things first, you'd need to identify which radio system is fitted to your car (RNEG MYWAY-WIPNAV, RT3/4/5/6, NG4 NAVIDRIVE etc - some of these may not even be fitted to C5s!!)
I believe you can get an update disc from a Cit main dealer - there's supposed to be a part number for it, but to save having to get up and go down the dealers :) you could have a look at http://gpsunderground.com/forum/car-nav ... t-citroen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and identify the correct firmware and update procedure for your car there. As with anything internet related, you download and update your radio firmware at your own risk !!!!!! :wink:
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Or yo could get a disc from your local dealer at the princely some of 5p, yes a whole 5 pence. 4p for the disc and of course 1p for Mr Osbourne. :evil:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php