C5 2.2HDI particulate filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

malc

C5 2.2HDI particulate filter

Post by malc »

Hi all, this is my first post so bear with me! I have had a turbo boost problem that has just been sorted but garage has told me I need to change the particulate filter and the sensor associated with it as a precaution. I understand the need to change the filter (which I can buy reasonably cheaply) but do I really need to change the sensor? I can't find the sensor for sale anywhere!!
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Re: C5 2.2HDI particulate filter

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Hi Malc. What year's the car? Can you give any more details on the boost issues as it could be vacuum problems etc causing the errors.
If it's an early one you might just want to remove the filter anyway - save buying a new filter that in all honesty, the car doesn't need to have fitted.
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
malc

Post by malc »

Hi Monkeyfeet, it's a 2003, I had too high pressure at the turbo so it kept going into limp mode, went to Citroen garage and they replaced the Reserve d'air sur cicuit depression (sorry about the French but I am living in France) this seems to have sorted out the limp mode issue but as I suspected there is a problem with the particulate filter. I get a fault when driving saying clean diesel filter, the Citroen garage tell me this is a blocked particulate filter and I understand that it needs replacing but am not sure why they suggest the sensor aswell
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

The sensor often fails if the car is driven with a blocked DPF for any period of time.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
malc

Post by malc »

Thanks Lighty, first time I have used this garage and just wanted to make sure I wasn't being ripped off!
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Some time ago during an independent garage service the DPF and it's ECU failed. I was green, I paid a lot of money to have it repaired. The garage never even offered to remove the dpf and reprog the (main) ecu. Later I found out what a (relatively) easy and cheap operation this is, I just did it myself and the garage lost a customer. Could you ask your garage to quote for this removal work instead? I'd certainly advise going through the postings here on the subject
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
malc

Post by malc »

well since I have had the turbo overboost problem sorted I seem to have lost the blocked particulate filter warnings, early days but fingers crossed I may be OK
HaydnR
My Cars:

Post by HaydnR »

malc wrote:well since I have had the turbo overboost problem sorted I seem to have lost the blocked particulate filter warnings, early days but fingers crossed I may be OK
Don't worry, it will return!
'02 c5 2.2 hdi exclusive