'Recommissioning' the Visa

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Re: 'Recommissioning' the Visa

Post by citronut »

if/when you require fitting seal kIts to the front calipers this company sourced the kits eventually for Chris Salters Visa ( Florance ),

http://www.biggred.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

very very good bunch they even gave me a call back after 6pm one day

the story on tracing the kits down is over on the Visa forum which you may have seen already,

most companies said they can supply the kits but then call back saying they are on back order, and dont know when they would be in,

the problem being these are citroen only calipers, not Bendix, Girling , or Teves

also Richard
there is someone on the Visa forum just had his crashed Visa repaired using bits from a de/cap donor car,
maybe there is some usfull body section can be removed to fill the gaps in your puzzle,

if the remains are still around that is
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Metal has been cut 8-) There is now a large hole in the drivers floor where there used to be a series of smallish holes. Started making a repair plate, surprised I was able to make a half decent job of the rib with a couple of pieces of wood and the vice!
Richard W
charentejohn
My Cars:

Post by charentejohn »

Not directly related to your current work but still a few in France http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/offres ... ecouvrable" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Also search for decapotable or cabriolet.

Such as the one for 800 Euro seems good for parts ? Body panels should be good. Cars aren't especially cheap here but there are at least some for sale for spares for most old models, just because they are local here.

Splash out 1500 Euros for this low mileage one http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/447935244.htm?ca=20_s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; called a 'voiture papi' here. Basically grandad's car being sold due to a death in the family, under 50k miles.
You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
Xantia HDI 90SX C3 2005 and C3 2006 both 1.4i sensodrives
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

Richard, so now I too know about the reference "welding the decap". Fascinating. Very envious of your vintage Velo! I had a very secondhand MSS in the early 60's. Pressed chaincase could not be made tight and used to leak oil everywhere. Saw some at a display a few years ago by a Velo Club, all with a drip tray underneath! They seemed a right miserable bunch when I commented on same, not at all like the biking fraternity I remember, lol!! Any way, thanks for all your help.
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Richard
did you sort the door sill yet,
as someone over on the BX forum put a link to a body panel company who list sills for the BX, at £25 quid each,

i cant find the link at the mo but i bought a pisssscasoooo sill from them it looks very good,

i just did a gooooogly search and found this company who list Visa sills

http://www.autopanels-castleford.co.uk/ ... %20Van.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

might be worth inquiring
Regards, malcolm.

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Things roll on slowly here :-D

No 1 son is getting old enough to start getting involved now, so we did some work on it today. Investigation of the OS rear door shut which looked too sound to be true, turned out to be so, and totally full of filler - and quite a few other holes once it was cleaned out. Nothing I wasn't expecting :lol: basically nothing left of the lower sill, upper sill, closing panel and upwards, and several holes in the inner rear wing. The bottom of the rear wing (inner and outer) is solid filler too :roll:
Richard W
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

Good for you that this topic is not in the selling/buying section, since it would've been erased eons ago ... :D
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Not so Vanja. It is only when it starts to become unpleasant that posts or threads are removed. A very rare occurrence.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

You sure? I thought threads not updated for 200 days are automatically removed ... lost 2 topics this way, asked Richard, had to create new ones from scratch (not a problem really)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

90 days for "For Sale & Wanted" if the thread hasn't been added to in that time. All others remain in all eternity but get archived periodically.
Only duplicate threads are either merged or one deleted, depending on responses.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

myglaren wrote:Not so Vanja. It is only when it starts to become unpleasant that posts or threads are removed. A very rare occurrence.
RichardW wrote: Investigation of the OS rear door shut which looked too sound to be true, turned out to be so, and totally full of filler - and quite a few other holes once it was cleaned out. Nothing I wasn't expecting :lol: basically nothing left of the lower sill, upper sill, closing panel and upwards, and several holes in the inner rear wing. The bottom of the rear wing (inner and outer) is solid filler too :roll:
i would say Richards findings were far from pleasant Stevie :shock: #-o :-D :wink:

sound like there is nout left of this car above the floor pans :yikes: :teabag: :teabag: :shock: :? :-D :wink:

Richard im sure i had a Visa door sill in the dark corners of my shed gathering surface!!! rust
Regards, malcolm.