Catastrophic Xantia LHM high pressure hose failure

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia_enthusiast

Catastrophic Xantia LHM high pressure hose failure

Post by xantia_enthusiast »

Hi there FCF. I am as my name suggests a Xantia fan. Only last week I picked up 2nd Xantia as a spare. £250 and ONLY 97000 miles on the clock! Possibly the cleanest looking civilian Xantia I have seen in a while. I was most displeased when I looked up the scrap value for 1995 Xantias...£240. I know, gutting. I was £10 down on the deal from the offset. :lol:

I have been a long while lurker but have finally found the need to register to ask a question. On the way home from a hill race the unthinkable happened. The suspension went hard, the brakes stopped working and the steering went all heavy. My precious Xant then vomited all of her LHM onto the tarmac in about 20 seconds. :(

It looks like one of the high pressure hoses has been rubbing on the underside corner of the alternator and finally ruptured.

The problem is I am unable to find any parts microfiche for a 1994 1.9TD SX Xant anywhere so I do not know what it is called or what I need to order or indeed who from.

Any advice?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Catastrophic Xantia LHM high pressure hose failure

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

How do, and welcome to the forum. I cannot help with your problem, but I feel certain somebody will come along who can. They might need the last 8 digits of your VIN to help narrow down the parts list.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Give Martin a ring at Pleiades, describe the pipe to him and he'll be able to help

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 15&t=27692" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
xantia_enthusiast

Post by xantia_enthusiast »

So I finally got the pipe off.

The worn bit was against the bottom of the alternator. I could probably braze it but I don't have any donor pipe.

So I eventually found my way to the Citroen service site and made an account. This allowed me to view the microfiche. I then entered my VIN which seemed to narrow down the choice to one car. Now I just need to be absolutely certain, is number 2 (5270 92) on this diagram the correct part number for this thing.

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome

if you entered your chassis/VIN No. into service citroen this will be your car specific, so yes that should be the correct pipe,

i just checked that part No. and it still shows as available from citroen dealer
and below is price and part No.

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
0000527092 HYDRAULIC TUBE 17.69 GBP 21.23 GBP 21.23 GBP
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years