Grrrrrrr

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bobo-ds3

Grrrrrrr

Post by bobo-ds3 »

Well went out to the car the other day to find this
Some little c**t has taken it upon themselves to play noughts and crosses on my car nothing seen or heard so nothing can be done by the police

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Grrrrrrr

Post by qprdude »

Makes your blood boil. The only way is to catch them in the act. Even then, you are more likely to get arrested than the feral litte creatures.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

I had a pristine Burgundy MKiii Cavalier that was keyed down both sides whilst i was at work. :grr: I would just love to catch these scumbags at work and batter the crap out of 'em.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Brainless tw*ts need a good kicking.
bobo-ds3

Post by bobo-ds3 »

This is the second car vandelised at this address admitadly its the worse yet but it seems someone has it in for me

(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0 Hdi 2003

Post by 411514 »

There are some brain dead morons out there who will spoil anything for the sake of it.
On the plus side you might get away with a smart repair.
Over on detailingworld which i'm ashamed to say I occasionally frequent, there are people who can work wonders with scratches without using paint. You might find someone able to sort it fairly cheaply there, Sam
Sam

2003 C5 2.0HDI 110
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Within a week or so of having our car the driver side door got keyed (not as bad as yours mind)... we rented a garage for the winter, and now have decided to keep it, as a lot of the vehicles parked outside, often seem to either be scratched or their rear wiper has been bent round or snapped off. It's expensive but it gives us that little extra piece of mind that any damage to the car is going to be of our own doing, rather than getting a surprise in the morning.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

A lot of damage seems to be caused outside your house (not mine) but it can happen anywhere really. I have a garage, but SWIMBO wants to move south and she wonders why I won't consider anywhere without a garage, or at the very least, offroad parking with my own gate.
Rick.

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

i can only think these people dont own cars themselves as if they did they would understand the annoyance of when something like this happens!!!
its sad that the only way to protect our own property is to rig up an inclusive CCTV system and even then the Po will manage to do nothing on the basis of not enough evidence! despite having them on camera, you could even frog march them into the station with a confession and they'd be let go!!! i had the fog lights removed from the bumper of a clio that was parked up in the corner of our drive outside the front window of the house a few years ago! noticed it when we got back from a trip out! reported it but they said wasn't anything they could do, But as it was reported it would go down as a crime,

as been said, makes my blood boil!!!

there is a possibility with a bit of machine polishing it can be reduced from the obvious state its in now, take the whiteness away, i'd strongly doubt it would come out with a machine polish though, generally key marks are too deep, if you are down in deepest darkest Cornwall at any time then i'll gladly have a look for you!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
bobo-ds3

Post by bobo-ds3 »

Thanks for the offer timmo much apreciated my uncle is gonna try and polish it out as hes looked at it and reckons polishing it may work . Its so annoying if u heard them id of let the rottweiler out shed of made sure they thought twice about doing it again . Problem is i have an awful feeling its a neighbour doing it out of spite and unless i can prove it theres nothing i can do

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Cheap camera linked to your PC?
Rick.

bobo-ds3

Post by bobo-ds3 »

Ive looked at a camera set up that wouldnt cost a hell of a lot of money to get set up im thinking of going for that see if it works

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Lidl and Aldi sometimes do really cheap cameras with a reasonable resolution. I think I've seen wireless ones with up to 10 metre night vision for less than a tankful of fuel. Must be worth it, to catch and prosecute the scummy git. (think of the compensation, you could maybe recover the cost of the camera!)
Rick.

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The unfortunate and ultimately completely stupid thing about that is that CCTV is very limited in where you can direct it for 'invading people's privacy'.
How they rationalise that when there are eleventy million 'big brother' cameras operated by police and local authorities is beyond me.

I would be inclined to go ahead and sod them. Fortunately I have never had and damage perpetrated on any of my cars (apart from a couple of write-offs :( ).
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

myglaren wrote:The unfortunate and ultimately completely stupid thing about that is that CCTV is very limited in where you can direct it for 'invading people's privacy'.
How they rationalise that when there are eleventy million 'big brother' cameras operated by police and local authorities is beyond me.

I would be inclined to go ahead and sod them. Fortunately I have never had and damage perpetrated on any of my cars (apart from a couple of write-offs :( ).
Tend to agree. No doubt there is some local law forbidding filming of a public street. Hardly fair when you see police filming , or being filmed, arresting people who are lated freed with no charges being brought.
Maybe a camera , fixed to focus (no pun intended) on your car would be OK, but I would be trying to make it as unobstrusive as possible.

Myglaren, A COUPLE of write-off's? How very careless of you. :wink:
Rick.