How do you get the plastics off

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stu9

How do you get the plastics off

Post by stu9 »

The tailgate of an 03 C5 to fix the window, I've got the carpeted panel off but buggered if I cant the plastic panel off, I'm not pulling it unless I know that's what you do
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You have to manually trip the glass catch first to open it. Then remove the black Christmas tree clip exposed. There are six whute plastic trim clips to break now as you prise the grey plastic panel upwards.

To repair, I think it's easiest to splice in at the small black cover up top, and under the latch coverplate. You need some soldering ability.
stu9

Re:

Post by stu9 »

addo wrote:You have to manually trip the glass catch first to open it
Ok thanks, but how do I do that, do I have to get my hand up inside....and if it doesnt open, is that it
VertVega
My Cars:

Re: How do you get the plastics off

Post by VertVega »

addo wrote:You have to manually trip the glass catch first to open it. ...
I have never done this job but sometimes I have seen these instructions on the internet.
A quick google search gave some results and this was the document/instructions I have once read.
I hope it'll help to solve the problem. It was originally posted on a Citroen forum.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/24833060/Op ... n-C5-break" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Yes, overall that is a good document with accurate information. However it is not necessary to remove the top cover/stoplight etc.

Where there is a little black plastic cover bonded to the glass near the inside left top edge, pop off the plastic cover and carefully excavate the rubberised epoxy with a modelling knife to reveal crimped/soldered terminals. At the bottom end, expose the solered contacts by prising off the cover (look through the latch loop hole to see the hooked legs).

You can then tack "figure eight" speaker wire down the glass edge with stuporglue in spots every four inches. Finish by sealing up the excavated wire pad with black polyurethane, and forming a nice neat bead of urethane over the speaker wire. Let it cure overnight before closing the tailgate.
stu9

Re: How do you get the plastics off

Post by stu9 »

VertVega wrote:
addo wrote:You have to manually trip the glass catch first to open it. ...
I have never done this job but sometimes I have seen these instructions on the internet.
A quick google search gave some results and this was the document/instructions I have once read.
I hope it'll help to solve the problem. It was originally posted on a Citroen forum.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/24833060/Op ... n-C5-break" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks, but I've got that link, and as addo said, it still doesnt say how to get the plastics off

But bugger it...I never open it anyway so will leave it