Xantia instrument lights again

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Sean, having just replaced the heater bulbs on one of my Xantias I know your frustration at putting them back in. I found the best way was to put the bottom bulb in first and if necessary, assist it by 'gently' pressing it in with a screwdriver. Yes, patience is required.
As for the slider, don't know!
BigMac

Post by BigMac »

Shaun, dont buy a new slider - a visit to the local scrappie should do fine, but dismantle the front first so that you can see if you need a new wire also (why did the old slider break?). HTH
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

bigmac,
no idea, must have got weak with use!!
dom
BigMac

Post by BigMac »

Shaun, OK. You should have a better idea once the whole thing is dismantled - its probably the pivot for that slider thats gone (easily fixed IIRC) but the wire may have broken. Good luck.
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

If your bottom bulb on the heater panel won't go straight in, then you have the wrong bulb.
puddle jumper
My Cars:

Post by puddle jumper »

The position of the sliders is crucial to getting the bottom bulb in - get the sliders in the correct position and the bottom bulb goes in easy - but I found it's trial and error.!!
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

its the slide control that goes along the front that has snapped, not the cable etc, so it looks like i will have to replace the complete unit.
dom