Picasso hdi cuts out

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thegaffa
New User

Picasso hdi cuts out

Post by thegaffa »

Newbie so be gentle,

Hi apologies for posting an old chestnut, I have researched so much I have ended up more confused than ever
Have inherited a 2002 HDI Picasso that cuts out after a short distance, will re start with a tap to the brown fuel relay on the bulkhead but does it again and again, the ECU has been tested by specilist and has been given the OK.
I think the relay was either repaced with a second hand or copy, thoughts were get genuine part and try again, any other ideas I need to look at? will run for say 30 miles and cut out 2/3 times the tap to the relay usually fixes it but could it be a bigger ECU connection problem.

The stopping and then resatrting could also be masking a fuel pump problem says someone. any idea on codes I need to watch for if I get it to diagnostic.
Thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Picasso hdi cuts out

Post by wheeler »

Might just be coincidence about the relay, you would really need to check for a power supply to the pump when its not starting, there is a connector next to the fuel tank so you can check it without having to drop the tank, the low pressure pumps are very common on the HDI picasso but they dont show up any fault codes. The brown double relay may not show any codes eother depending on what part of it has failed.
thegaffa
New User

Post by thegaffa »

Thanks for that, juat trying to get a rational plan of action together before strting to hunt the problem down, so anything anyone else has come across is useful.
The car has been to a" garage" but I feel the "mechanic" has just gone around a bit like a headless chicken and should have got in an auto sparkie or good diagnostic ?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hello 'thegaffa' and welcome to the FCF.

You might want to see if there is anybody nearby with a Lexia system, to help read all that your car can tell you. Here is the Lexia map list;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 53#p362853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It should help.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!