Xantia S2 front window not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Taffyrhys
My Cars:

Xantia S2 front window not working

Post by Taffyrhys »

My drivers front window is stopped working and i suspect the wire is broken between the door and car pillar, as it started to play up 2 days ago, i've checked the electric window switches and these are ok.

I want to know, is the only way to expose the wiring between the door and car is to cut open the rubber flexible sleeve as i can't see any other way to check the wires? i supose i can tape it up afterwards.

Also where are the window relays and how do you get access to them , any help would be appreciated before i tackle the job tomorrow, and its my birthday !!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Cheers Ade :)
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Xantia S2 front window not working

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Before you start, check to see if you have enough space to work. There is VERY little space, and you might not have the room to work in. I have a similar problem, and I have been advised the best way is to properly support the door, and then dismount it from the hinges (don't forget the friction unit, or whatever it is called). I have not done this myself (yet) so I cannot offer any further advice.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

Xantia's front door is heavy compared to the rear doors. Keep that also in mind :)
I think there is a fractured or broken wire right there in the rubber outlet.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
Taffyrhys
My Cars:

Post by Taffyrhys »

I don't think i will take the door off, seems a lot of hard work. I will get the craft knife out and cut the rubber boot open to expose the wire and repair if necessary . I may even take the door trim off if i have to>. :) :)

At least it will be sunny !!!!!
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

You don't need to cut the boot, it can be pulled back. The window wire is a thick green one, more info here http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... en#p322698" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ade, if you need wiring diagrams I should be able to provide. Just shout!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Isn't there a screw on connector affair in the door shut like the XM or is everything wired direct?

If there is a screw on connector, when I had intermittent trouble with the XM driver side window it turned out to be corrosion on the pins in the connector. Bit of Isopropyl alcohol on a cotton bud sorted that. Took me ages to work that one out as I could only troubleshoot when it decided not to work :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sadly it's wired direct on a Xantia Kev...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Taffyrhys
My Cars:

Post by Taffyrhys »

Hi all, the rubber boot was a pain in the back side, and I had to get the sharpe knife out and carfully cut open one end to expose the wires. This exposed the broken wire which i repaired with two connector blocks and some extra wire, not much room for the fingers but all done and the window is working as it should. So no bin bag over the window like last night and at least the car wasn't broken into.

At some point i have to do the rear centre sphere as the car is sinking but not sure if I should just live with it, as knowing my luck I will only break the pipe behind the sphere and live to regret it.

Have fun in the sunshine, as its lovely in Hertfordshire today. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

CitroJim wrote:Sadly it's wired direct on a Xantia Kev...
Silly sods, don't envy anyone having to replace a door in that case :shock:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Great stuff you've fixed it Ade :-D

Kev, yep. It's a real laugh swapping a Xantia door but not half so much fun as a tailgate.... :evil:
Jim