Two things happened today....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Two things happened today....

Post by qprdude »

Probably not very interesting but it's been kinda slow.
On the way into town with Swmbo for her hair appointment, :roll: , tootling along at 50 mph, a la Peter N, in full fuel saving mode, I was overtaken by a Phase 1 facelift C5 circa 2005 going like a bat out of hell. He(she?) must have been well over 80 mph on the dual carriageway. The thing is, they are usually driven more sedately, so it was a bit of a surprise.
On the way home, SWMBO complete with £55 barnet , taking the scenic route, I breasted the top of a blind summit to find a parked tanker and a line of stationary cars, whoops! I hit the anchors hard and the C5 stood up with surprising agility, the ABS and other fancy stuff kicked in and the car moved neither left nor right, just a very rapid stop. Best of all, the automatic hazard warning lights came on, and laddie boy in the 4 x 4 who had been practising his tailgating skills ran straight into the grass bank. Ho Ho I thought , you may have a Rangie Vogue worth twice my Citroen, but it can't bleeding stop in a straight line.
Well that was my excitement for today. I don't know if I can top that tomorrow. I may paint the ladder radiator in the bathroom. That should do it. :-D
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Two things happened today....

Post by myglaren »

:)

On my way home from the X-rally, up the A1 on Sunday evening and doing 70 (really)! I was overtaken by a red C5 estate of the same vintage as mine, I'd say he was doing at least 40mph more than me and possible even more than that.

I was diasappointed to note that it looked rather ungainly.

Done the emergency stop thing too - travelling at rather more than the speed limit in force at 3am.
Land Rover pulled out in front of me, never looked or signalled.
He drifted into the outer lane, as had I just before him. He was doing around 40 to my 120. Hit the brakes expecting the worst but the C5 pulled up straight as a die and very impressively. It did set off all the lights, which got the attention of the Landy and resulted in him veering all over the road and into the grass verge.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

qprdude wrote:I may paint the ladder radiator in the bathroom.
Cold shower material, right there.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re:

Post by qprdude »

addo wrote:
:-D It's the excitement of getting the radiator of without drowning!
Rick.

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Glad I'm not the only one, I don't go fast enough to need to use my brakes :-D

Peter
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

I tend not to speed, but I do like to get up to speed as fast as possible.
C5s do seen very stable at higher speeds though don't they? And comfortable.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
zs&tas
My Cars: 2004 c5 2.0 hdi 138. *gone*
1988 pontiac firebird.
1996 1.8 8v xantia auto. soon to go .......
1999 2.0hdi xantia estate

Post by zs&tas »

like how stable my 2005 c5 is and under braking it tops the long list of previous cars ive owned. got it up to 120mph today :-)
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

zs&tas wrote:like how stable my 2005 c5 is and under braking it tops the long list of previous cars ive owned. got it up to 120mph today :-)
Did you overtake qprdude by any chance?
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
Jerseytony
New User

Post by Jerseytony »

I had a similar set of circumstances...on a downhill bit of very wet road.... but my non ABS Xantia with dodgy front spheres was a whole load more 'exciting'...! I could have auditioned for dancing on ice... lol..!! [-o<

:-D :-D :-D
zs&tas
My Cars: 2004 c5 2.0 hdi 138. *gone*
1988 pontiac firebird.
1996 1.8 8v xantia auto. soon to go .......
1999 2.0hdi xantia estate

Post by zs&tas »

Jerseytony wrote:I had a similar set of circumstances...on a downhill bit of very wet road.... but my non ABS Xantia with dodgy front spheres was a whole load more 'exciting'...! I could have auditioned for dancing on ice... lol..!! [-o<

:-D :-D :-D
nice :mrgreen:
qprdude

Re: Re:

Post by qprdude »

qprdude wrote:
addo wrote:
:-D It's the excitement of getting the radiator of without drowning!
You will be pleased to hear that I got the radiator off without drowning, sanded and spray painted it, with only a couple of minor runs, and refitted with new brackets. The brackets didn't quite fit so I had to do a bit of modifying. I'm not expecting them to last very long but I will ask SWIMBO to release the funds for a better quality set when they fail.
My problem is, how do I top that today?
I may go to the library. :idea: :roll:
Rick.

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I reckon, shopping for a pair of bed-socks knitted by the ladies of your local agricultural society, should be right up there.
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

I haven't got a local Agricultural society, but you have given me an idea. SWIMBO is knitting stuff for the next Grandchild, I could ask her for a pattern and get myself some needles and wool. Cheers!

!
Rick.

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Today's highlight.
The C5 has been washed and waxed. The interior and boot have been vacuumed. The plastic cleaned, along with the centre console, and the leather has been cleaned and treated.
MMmmm, that new car smell! 8-)

OOps, forgot. Cleaned all the plastic covers under the bonnet too.
Rick.

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Today, I had a mighty row with the local Indy and am now virtually "Garageless".
They charged £3.50p for non existent sundries. They tried to say it was "in case there was oil on the seats, or that kind of things", and that all customers were charged this. I couldn't believe my ears. I'm not responsible for them getting oil on seats "or that kind of thing", so why should I pay for it. There were other points that I took up forcibly but the bottom line is, SWIMBO is not happy that we now cannot use the only local garage. It's not the £3.50p, it's the principle.
Rick.