Its getting on my nerves. what gets your goat ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

v0n

Post by v0n »

Annoying things about my N reg Xantia:
- Factory fitted mirror in the middle of my windscreen is attached so low it covers most of my left field of view. To make things worse the moment boot goes up that mirror is no good anything else than watching birds on the sky behind me. My windscreen is slightly cracked, so on some point i'm gonna replace it and fit the damn mirror as high as possible.
- The noise remote locking does at night wakes all the dogs in the neighbourhood and ships on nearby Thames reply to me friendly with their fog horns.
- Why is it that we get expensive nicely galvanised body shell and rustproof panels with impact strenght of kitchen foil. You don't have to take it to supermarket car parks, you look at it hard and gets dings.
- Does the rare screen washer ever worked for anybody? Never seen it splashing water in any of my Peugeots and as expected it doesn't do much more than buzzing in my Xantia.
- What is it with PSA cars and lack of foot rests next to clutch in UK versions? My back embraced by briliantly soft seats, I have hight adjuster at reach of my hand and the whole comfy feeling is destroyed after few miles of forcing my foot in winter boots hanging above fairly sensitive clutch pedal.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Gripes that I have...
<u>Washer jets </u>that dont, and if they do, its a trickle.
<u>Dipped beam</u> that is more like a puddle light, well untill I put 100 watt bulbs into it.
<u>Faded rear light clusters</u>, now sorted by using Armorall wipes and what a great difference.
<u>Parcel shelf straps</u> - broken, wont pay £10 for citroen repair kit.
<u>Interior mirror came off in wifes hand</u>, Sorted by buying adhesive from Halfords
Good for a weekend pass time
Paul
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Faded rear light clusters, now sorted by using Armorall wipes and what a great difference.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
wrinklet,
i've got the same problem with the faded rear light clusters, where can i get thses wipes from??
dom
chizzy
My Cars:

Post by chizzy »

ZX
I'll go with the parcel shelf cords! Not resorted to the Stanley knife yet.
Useless dipped beam - agreed.
Rear calipers that seize despite annual checks and greasing.
6V auxilliary drive belts that last 6 months max.
Fuel tank that takes 10 minutes to fill completely.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Hi, the armorall wipes are available from Tesco, Halfords and other good car accessory shops, or use armoall fluid and rub it in hard.
Fox
My Cars:

Post by Fox »

My two annoying Xantia-traits:
1) Faded rear light clusters on virtually every 93/94 car I ever see
2) Dodgy laquer on the bootlit on every single Mk1 Xantia ever [:)]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

BX:
1. Bleed nipples the size of matchsticks.
2. The clutch cable routing (although not a problem with LHD)
3. Explaining to the MOT tester that the handbrake is SUPPOSED to come up that far....every year.
4. The flicking speedo...or should that be the f*****g flicking speedo....
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

And there I was thinking it was only Xantia owners who had a set of pet gripes - mainly things that were better on their old BXs. But then the faults of the last car or the last-but-one often seem to vanish into the haze of memory in a way that the good things don't - unless it was an absolute lemon.
I had to be forcibly reminded only the other day of my experiences with Fiat Pandas and clutch cables which was very similar to James Herriot's relationship with cow's rear ends.....groping around with your arm down where the sun don't shine....
David
yardcrew

Post by yardcrew »

I just wish my Xantia would stop at traffic lights without stalling, go round slow corners without stalling, start in the morning without stalling and accept cassettes the first time i push them in.
Is it so much to ask!!
It's nice to see that every Xantia has the same annoying faults as mine...oh and a pint to anyone that can remedy the erratic rpm/drop/stall problem that has appeared on this forum a few times, but has yet to yield a suitable solution.
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

paul,
ive had a look in my local tesco extra, but cant seem to locate these wipes[:(]. do you know what they are classed as in the store eg are they labeled under "cleaning products", etc...
might they be only sold on the petrol forecourt?
dom
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Dom, The ArmorAll is in the motoring section of Tesco Extra stores, Halfords also sell it too, saw some today.
Paul
JohnCKL
My Cars:

Post by JohnCKL »

When I bought my Xantia, I always hit my left elbow on the big lumbar adjuster knob at my seat's side when I pull my handbrake. After many hits and a sore elbow until now, I learn to shift my elbow away from the knob. Has anyone taken the knob out? How is it done?
Jon

Post by Jon »

What about this?
In my ZX, when I turn on the lights, the radio channel display goes out completely (not just dims, just goes!!). When you stop and turn the lights off back it comes "89.1 fm" or whatever in bright green! Weird.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

When I drive my BX 16V in my normal (new) shoes with the modern 'Trowel foot' design rather than a more tapered style, I find that when I push the brake pedal, the car goes faster.[:0][:I]
The problem being the side of the sole presses on the accelerator pedal. Don't know whether I should blame Citroen for having the pedals too close or the shoe manufacturer for the design of the shoe. He must have been either Ronald McDonald or a cowboy to come up with a sole design like that! (no pun intended)[:D][:D][:p]
Alan S[}:)]
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alans</i>

When I drive my BX 16V in my normal (new) shoes with the modern 'Trowel foot' design rather than a more tapered style, I find that when I push the brake pedal, the car goes faster.[:0][:I]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I get that now and again in the ZX after I've been driving the works Mondeo. Takes a few miles to get used to it again! (I wear Caterpillar boots which won't help at all of course!)