Its getting on my nerves. what gets your goat ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cheesey

Post by cheesey »

a little list...
Dash board lights that could be made easier to get to.
The sunroof controls that you have to bend your arm in interesting positions to operate because they are in fact behind you in the centre consol.
The dip stick that you have to remove to top up with oil.
The glowplug behind the pump[:(!]
The little map reading lights that arn't as good as the BX's
The engine out octopus....nice design[:D]
Cheesey drives a 95' 1.9 sx td 175000 miles and big smiles...until the next leak.
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

On my ZX 1.4:
1. Loose passenger door trim that can stop the lock from engaging properly;
2. Ticking speedo (due to the cable being connected incorrectly?)
3. Back brakes that lock up far too easily under heavy braking on anything but the driest roads.
But it still love it, even if this has been an expensive year so far!
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

89 AX GT... so most things annoy me.
The worn calliper pin on the front brakes that decided to part company with the calliper thus send the brake pad AWOL..[V]
The only rattle i've not managed to cure is behind the flipin dashboard. [:(]
The fact that people like to steal things off it, so i had to get an alarm.[B)]
But the things i LIKE ABOUT IT... I could go on forever, but here's three.
How it stands out form the vast crowd of Saxo VTR's & VTS's[}:)]
How it Surprises the bejesus out of brand new "Hothatch" drivers, and then makes them cry when they cant catch it..hee hee
[:D]
How it just looks cool as F***[^]
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Have you tried to change the bulb in the fog lamp of a facelift Xantia? No wonder the handbook's advice is "Consult your Citroen dealer". What on earth made the designers think that they had improved on the earlier model.
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by puddle jumper</i>

I restrung my Xantia one with the wife's knicker elastic - the parcel shelf works ok now but the wife is frightened to move in public.....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, I did the knicker elastic trick too, it's a good'un. (Glad to see that knickers aren't a naughty word on this forum. Though I imagine that kn*ckers might be....)
My favourite whinge? Having the handbrake on my Xantia on the passenger's side of the central console, French-style, and not on the UK driver's side where it ought to be. Makes it embarrassing when I've got lady passengers - they have to be told in advance that I'm not trying to grope their legs.[}:)]
JohnCKL
My Cars:

Post by JohnCKL »

puddlejumper, same thing happened to the surrounds on both my front fog lights too. One fine day, I pulled them out and discovered the screws above the foglights slots were missing, so the surround casing was not screwed on tightly to the bumper. I put in screws and tighten the casing to the bumper. Now my passenger side fog light sits tightly locked into the casing but the drivers side is still hanging out. Another grouse is the cabin lights can't be switched off if you leave the door open when servicing or cleaning the cabin. Irritating rattles behind around the boot shelf or back seat and somewhere in the front dash, especially when the radio is switched off as the soundproofing is good to prevent outside noises but its the inside noises which rattles me.
puddle jumper
My Cars:

Post by puddle jumper »

How about this pair. Why does my Radio recieve clearer signals with the drivers door open? Is it because the radio earths down through the interior light circuit {Even though I have cleaned all the earth terminals by the battery?. And why does the wife's AX clock tick so loud that you can hear it when the engine is running ?
Nikolaymk

Post by Nikolaymk »

I quite like my Xantia but there are "just a couple of things":
bad paint on bootlid
stiff pedals
faulty remote locking
the stereo volume control on the wheel sometimes works in the opposite way
Otherwise it's quite good.
puddle jumper
My Cars:

Post by puddle jumper »

I thought I was the only one with bad paint on my bootlid I assumed it had been resprayed at some point - mine looks like it has been polished with a brillo pad !! - but only on the flat surface. the back bit above the number plate is fine.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

My Xantia is white. The paint has oxidised badly and gone very flat. The bonnet has been dull for ages. But, the other day I had a go at it with rubbing compound. Then two coats of wax. It now gleams like a new car. You get a real deep glossy shine. A mate of mine recomended rubbing compound a long time ago. I got myslef a tin and its been in the cupboard for a year or more. I just suddenly got the urge and damn me, it worked a treat. Try it on your boot lid.
My steering wheel controls sometimes play up. When I change volume the radio channel changes. Not every time, but quite often.
lhm_leak
My Cars:

Post by lhm_leak »

I'm quite pleased to see that my Xantias aren't unusual in their problems:
1)94 2.0i SX in white. The paintwork is faded and somewhat mottled - the tailgate area is OK though.
2)95 1.9TD LX in metallic dark red. Paintwork on most of the car is OK, but the flat area on the tailgate is, as puddle jumper said, scoured like it's been scrubbed with wire wool. Having looked at rather a lot of Xantias recently, I would guess this seems to affect the metallic/clearcoat finishes more than the solid colours. It certainly seems to be a production defect, and very common.
And in both cars, the radio station occasionally changes when trying to adjust the volume with the steering wheel buttons - not very often, but enough to irritate. At least it's not just me...
Agreed on the dashboard lights - did the designers have a meeting to brainstorm ways of making it more difficult to do simple things like change a bulb? Changing the heater panel bulbs recently, I actually broke the bottom one trying to get the holder back into position; note to myself - buy a spare next time.
Other niggles: The near-useless dipped beam. Rear light clusters discolouring( only on the TD though...).
Finally, why is it that whenever I buy a Citroen - and I've had BXs, an XM and a couple of Xantias, no matter how thoroughly I check the car before I buy it, I am inevitably greeted next morning by a green puddle under the car? Every single one. Perhaps they're allergic to me...
Stu.
Richard W
My Cars:

Post by Richard W »

dipped beam was rubbish on mine till i put in some philips vision plus bulbs now you wouldn't think it had the same headlamps in! just put this on another forum as well, thinking about comission from philips!
Richard
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by KevMayer</i>

Hey.... I typed... "Euro car parts" and it came up as "Outfit" in******** what happened... or is it just a sin to mention a little competition... What a larf Ha Ha
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><font size="2">I think it's fair to respect the host(s). I remember writing to one of the moderators but was totally snubbed after I made a truthful statement about the lack of a particular parts supply to a Birmingham store which was meant purely for helpful information only - although I admit easily misconstrued as ungrateful moaning.
I don't mind this because the facility and its contibutors offer such a wonderful resource that some allegiance and loyalty should be granted per se. Considering the over-inflated pricing of Citroën dealerships, we've a lot to thank GSF for.</font id="size2">
xantiaBFY
My Cars:

Post by xantiaBFY »

New to this forum(hi..).got myself a non hydractive xantiaTD and its a dream for me.
For me is when I go to any sparesparts store and when I tell them its for a diesel Cit the price suddenly goes up by some percentage.
azam
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by xantiaBFY</i>

New to this forum(hi..).got myself a non hydractive xantiaTD and its a dream for me.
For me is when I go to any sparesparts store and when I tell them its for a diesel Cit the price suddenly goes up by some percentage.
azam
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Azam,
I live in Australia & unfortunately it seems to be that anywhere in the southern hemisphere as soon as you mention the words Citroen, Renault or Peugeot they hit the "X" button on the calculator rather than the "+" which is why I just don't buy anything locally. Unfortunately our respective Governments don't do us any favours by whacking us with a variety of taxes and duties but even with that included, it's much cheaper to buy from UK or Europe than from the locals.
I was aware of your price problems as I have a few friend over your way so I know what you're talking about.
Alan S