C3 Comms 2000 help please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sealover1
My Cars:

C3 Comms 2000 help please

Post by sealover1 »

Hi guys my 2007 C3 PLURIEL HDI comms unit has stopped working and left me with no dipped beam light which is shame as all the rest still work

been looking round for a used one but having loads of problems finding one.

does anyone know of anywhere i might find a used one please??

the number on the comm is 96601441XT and been told the part number is 6242 WA

the VIN NUMBER is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

any help or advice when fitting as not done one before would be great :)
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: C3 Comms 2000 help please

Post by RichardW »

Hi - welcome to the forum.

That part number tallies with the VIN, but service.citroen only finds it against the Pluriel - and wants £280 for it.....

So unless you can find someone breaking a Pluriel with the right unit, it's going to be new by the looks of it. It might be possible to fit something else, but you'd need to take yours along to a breaker to compare side by side.
Richard W
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The only thing different about the pluriel one from a normal C3 or C2 is the pluriel doesent have a rear wiper. I have never tried it but i would think if you fitted one from a car with a rear wiper then that part of the switch just wouldnt do anything, in theory the other features should still work. The 2 main things that need to be the same is whether the car has sensodrive & ESP or not.
sealover1
My Cars:

Post by sealover1 »

thanks for the info guys i cant aford £280 for new one I did find a guy on ebay who can sell me a new one for £230, I have found out the if i put power to the light fuse the lights work so what i may have to do is fit a simple two way off and on switch till i find a used unit to fit mine, does anyone know what size and type of bolt holds the stearing wheel on as i will need to buy one soon to got the steering wheel off

Thanks

wouldent it be nice to have a high paid job and be able to aford to just put it into citroen and have them do it for me lol, maby i,ll get a win on the lotto this week and all these problems will be gone lol
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

If you edit your user profile to include location, it might be that one of the other members is closer than you think. Don't overlook the chance of some cooperative spannering.
sealover1
My Cars:

Post by sealover1 »

ok thanks addo, done that, been told now it may not be the comms and to get the parameters computers test done at citroen, there goes 2 weeks wages :(

tried every web site going for used part but no ones got one so may have to buy a new part,

theres no power going to the fuse but when i run a live wire to the fuse the lights work, some one also said it could be the bsi unit, been working on older cars for years but when it comes to the lecky side of things on newer cars i get quite stuck... i we should stick to an old 60,s car there easyer to fix lol
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Just ignore the multiplexing and fit a new switch from a live feed :twisted:
sealover1
My Cars:

Post by sealover1 »

yeh i think thats what were going to do, mabey put a saved serch on ebay for the switch and if one comes up cheap enough i may buy one , theres no where we can aford prob £500 odd for citroen charges
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Member "hireamuser" (who has a Lexia) is about 10 miles northeast of Launceston. Is that near you?

Also, it is worth asking "Doctor Car Parts" on Fleabay if they have a substitute (aftermarket) part, as the basic specifications are pretty common. It's front fog lights, no auto wipers, no rear wiper, no trip computer, no ESP.
sealover1
My Cars:

Post by sealover1 »

Launceston is not far away i,m in torquay devon to its about 60 miles away does hireamuser know about this sort of thing does he??
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

He's got a Lexia, and has volunteered to be contactable on the "Lexia Locations" thread.

Have a look in the "Supersticky" subforum for the Lexia topic and you'll find the map there to click on.
sealover1
My Cars:

Post by sealover1 »

ok mate cheers will go look :)