2 out of 3 isn't bad

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

2 out of 3 isn't bad

Post by RichardW »

A long day of car fixing here :lol: Mandrake come round with his V6, so we did:

Xantia V6: O2 sensor, back pressure check, replaced the exhaust from cat back, fitted new seals in the hyd pump.
C4GP: put it on the lexia, was reporting fuel pressure faults, cleared them, which has put the light out, so hopefully with the new fuel filter it will be OK now.
Xantia HDi: since it passed its MOT yesterday, I treated it to a new set of spheres. Simon's tool did the job, but as soon as we moved the OSR it started to leak - with the sphere off (which was punctured, as it blew out LHM after it was removed) it was obvious that the edge of the strut was suffering corrosion, and sure enough with it back on, it started leaking as soon as the pressure started to build again :cry: so tomorrow morning, off to try and get the strut out, and see if my colleague who has got a TIG and machine tools, can effect a repair. Otherwise on the lookout for a replacement strut. A new one is £160 which is not great.....
Richard W
NewcastleFalcon

Re: 2 out of 3 isn't bad

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Richard

Chris (C Morewood) is also looking to get his strut refurbished. I for one would be interested to see a successful refurbishment.

Regards

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

what are these XANT rear struts made from, some sort of sub slandered alloy, or just compressed baking foil/re/cycled pop cans?????
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Mine is no where near as bad as yours Neil - just one small section at about 7 o'clock that has fallen out.

Made of chocolate tea pots I think Malc - the same ones they use for rear brake calipers - it looks the same sort of corrosion and is almost certainly electro-chemical in origin. Oddly the near side, which you might expect to be worse with the higher level of water on that side is still perfect - and it was the OSR pipe that went the other week :?
Richard W