Citroen Philips Stereo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

orinoco74

Citroen Philips Stereo

Post by orinoco74 »

can anyone help me, i just bought a lovely Xantia but the stereo needs a code, the card that came with the stereo with the code on is seriously faded so i cant read it. The stereo is a philips...see pics elow. Can anyone help me unlock it? i tried code 1555 (after a google search but then i put it in it said "5 ERROR" of maybe "S ERROR". here is whats printed on my stereo and a pic of my stereo, thanks in advance for any info...

captaintau
My Cars:

Re: Citroen Philips Stereo

Post by captaintau »

This may not be the answer you want, but it's an honest one.

The first thing I did when I bought my C5 recently was rip out the CD player and put a better one in. The one I put in has USB and jack inputs and went in easily, even connected to the stork on the steering wheel. They aren't expensive these days so it might be an easy option for you.
orinoco74

Post by orinoco74 »

i am not knowledgeable about such things, i don't know which stork connectors to buy for the steering wheel, i don't know which wiring harness to buy to convert it from a Citroen one to one a regular stereo can use.
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

Send an email to r-e-s-t-o-r-e-d-c-l-a-s-s-i-c@a-o-l-.-c-o-m (remove dashes) stating car make, radio model and serial number. You'll have the code tomorrow.

A small donation will apply.
orinoco74

Post by orinoco74 »

i have sent a quick email with the pictire of the stereo sticker on. fingers crossed