Tell me its my imagination!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dowen

Tell me its my imagination!

Post by dowen »

I've driven my 2000 hid Xantia for thousands of miles, just keeps on going, no hesitation, no complaints, smoothly eating the miles up week in week out!

The only one little fault, (and I will allow it, as its been so nice to me) is the seat belt light is always on! I sort of got used to it as you do. Well about a month ago the light went out! It unnerved me, I missed it!
Five miles later the sender pump packed in, I managed to get home OK.
Fixed the pump, started the car, no problem, and LO the seat belt light is back on!
Back to normal, hundreds of miles later, and the lights just gone off!!! I've done about three miles!
Please tell me someone, that there's no connection . I've been banging the dash trying to get it back on!

Dave.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Tell me its my imagination!

Post by qprdude »

Nip out and buy a new sender pump. Don't go more than five miles though! :roll:
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Tell me its my imagination!

Post by spider »

Is it a 'wear your seat belt!' warning light or an airbag light ? , I don't know if they had said "wear belt!" but if they do it will be a sensor / microswitch in the stalk I expect to determine if the belt is "plugged in"

Airbag lights normally orange, a seat belt light would usually be red I'd expect.

Most common cause of an AirBag light is the connections under the seats on most models, less common the rotary switch behind the steering wheel.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG