PRV V6 cam chain tensioner guides/rails

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mtxm

PRV V6 cam chain tensioner guides/rails

Post by mtxm »

Does anyone know where to source these parts, which are the curved rails that sit below the small hydraulic pistons? The nylon pads seem to wear out over time and I am hoping the bits might still be available, given the engines were fitted to several other cars. Any leads/suggestions would be much appreciated. With regards, Matthew T.
1989 XM V6 exclusive - Meteor Grey
1990 XM V6 sei auto - Platinum
1990 XM V6 sei - Champagne
1991 XM V6-24v - Platinum
1991 XM V6.24 Pallas - Black
1992 XM V6 sei auto - Cobalt
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hello Matthew, I am fairly sure you can get them as a Volvo spec'd part. Have you tried any of the American Volvo suppliers or Rockauto?

P.S. From memory the new hydraulic tensioners need "releasing" once the chains are fitted. It's often overlooked...
mtxm

Re: PRV V6 cam chain tensioner guides/rails

Post by mtxm »

Many thanks for that Addo and I shall follow up the leads you have suggested. The hydraulic pistons do need to be 'wound in' before fitting, Regards, Matthew T.
1989 XM V6 exclusive - Meteor Grey
1990 XM V6 sei auto - Platinum
1990 XM V6 sei - Champagne
1991 XM V6-24v - Platinum
1991 XM V6.24 Pallas - Black
1992 XM V6 sei auto - Cobalt
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hello Matthew, I have found "swedishautoparts" list the curved rails and also the hydraulic tensioners. They do not have the straight (anti-lash) guides; you might need to chase one of the Renault Alpine parts suppliers for those if required.

http://www.swedishautoparts.com/240/Vol ... nents.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I commented on the tensioner because I've found at least two engines (non-V6) with the retractable hydraulic tensioners where it hasn't been "sprung loose" once fitted, thus it never does its job!