Citroen C8 DPF/FAP replaced.....but

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GuyC8
New User

Citroen C8 DPF/FAP replaced.....but

Post by GuyC8 »

The garage, non-dealer, reset the fault codes etc. These have returned some hour later and thrown it into restricted revs etc. Eolys refilled and new DPF fitted so could somebody please point me in the direction of somebody in Essex (Lakeside) who can sort it out for me please. Or even better tell me how to sort it out. Thanks :P
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Citroen C8 DPF/FAP replaced.....but

Post by Lighty »

No chance of help online, the C8 is a complicated beast, and suggestions on here would be guess work. Cant suggest anyone local to you, someone else here may help.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
GuyC8
New User

Post by GuyC8 »

Anybody else able to assist?
The beast has been faultless until now......
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

What does the dashboard display say? Also is it a 2.0 or 2.2 and what year?

I became familiar with the DPF and how it works on our 807 (C8 with a Peugeot badge) when the sensor which compares the pressure before and after the filter packed in. I wouldn't have had a chance of fixing it without a Lexia / Peugeot planet. With this I could see that the reading the sensor was giving couldn't be correct.
If your filter has been replaced the pipes to this sensor will have been disturbed so it would be worth checking they are all in place and piped up the right way around but after that I think your best bet is to find someone with the proper diagnostic tools.