HPI engine, what to change next....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

HPI engine, what to change next....

Post by Quackers »

C5 HPI was going into limp/safe mode (2000 rev limit) if you put your foot down and struggling to start. Local garage connected Lexia up and said it was HPI Pump.

So popped another HPI pump on my self now it runs a lot better, i can do 70mph and she never goes into limp/safe mode but the engine keeps stuttering, power will feel low then from no where power come back , feels breathless on hills, and when idle the revs are all over the place just the strain of raising the suspension makes the revs bounce up and down to almost stalling point. So tried yet another HPI pump and still no better.

These pumps are not brand new, but had been tested as working by the seller. The fact its not going into limp/safe mode like original pump makes me think these new ones are ok.

So what next, the low pressure pump in tank, the coil packs or something else? Anybody with much HPI experience ?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: HPI engine, what to change next....

Post by RichardW »

Dump it and buy a diesel one instead..... :lol:

The HPI was nothing but trouble from new sadly, and was quietly dropped after not very long - they seem to suffer myriad problems, which no one seems able to cure :( not totally limited to the HPI though - see Mandrake's long and painful thread about his V6 running problems.... You'd really need to get on the Lexia yourself and look at all the live data to see what the fuel pressure etc was doing, but event then it may be a fruitless chase.
Richard W