Just Bought a 2002 C5 for my Father!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

h2ocooler
My Cars:

Just Bought a 2002 C5 for my Father!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by h2ocooler »

Hi All
Not been around here for a while but the Citroens have called :lol:
My Dad lives in france and has a 407 Pug, well he wanted a new car so I got the job of finding him one.
Found the car on auto trader, a Black 02 reg C5 2.2Hdi Auto Exclusive Estate, 139000 miles, very good history, recent new turbo (end of last year) Xenons, 6 disc Cd changer, no leather :( or satnav (he has a tomtom anyway)and picked it up today.

Few niggles, Rear tail glass won't open, rear wiper arm is in the wrong place (sits down a bit on the glass) and the computer display doesn't light up.

I have a Lexia so will plug it in tomorrow and see what faults if any are logged, I want to change the Economy setting to 1hr and also will look to see if I can find the "auto rear wiper" option.

Overall it in very good condition (few dog hairs) but the bodywork is virtually spotless, Shame I have to give it to my Dad :lol: :lol: :lol:
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
KP
My Cars:

Re: Just Bought a 2002 C5 for my Father!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by KP »

Get some leather in there! Its not too pricey at the minute and makes it feel so much better! good for the french winters as well with the heated seat option :)
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Rear glass not opening will be the electrical track on the inside of the glass under the black surround tape has broken, had to sort that out on a couple now, new glass is the better option, re soldering new speaker cable to the contacts on the top left of the screen and sticking it to the window with black insulation tape then soldering to the switch contacts at the bottom of the screen is the cheap fix. worth checking the wires are not broken as they link from the body of the car to the tailgate in the little rubber boot as well, had to replace most of them too.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Deanxm wrote:Rear glass not opening will be the electrical track on the inside of the glass under the black surround tape has broken, had to sort that out on a couple now, new glass is the better option, re soldering new speaker cable to the contacts on the top left of the screen and sticking it to the window with black insulation tape then soldering to the switch contacts at the bottom of the screen is the cheap fix. worth checking the wires are not broken as they link from the body of the car to the tailgate in the little rubber boot as well, had to replace most of them too.

D
Our estate has had both of those fixes, the first one worked for a while but then it stopped and worked sometimes. Now it doesnt work and the wiring has been redone, both to the switch and out of the hinge. We have also replaced the switch. Fortunately it needs a new boot lid now so will try again with the replacement window.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

I have the full instructions on how to repair the glass rear opener done it myself and worked fine.If you need them pm me.