Citroen C4 VTS ALARM ECU location?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hoffies

Citroen C4 VTS ALARM ECU location?

Post by Hoffies »

Hi to all, I am new to the citroen world and unfortunately already need to ask a question, my car alarm goes off every time I unlock the car or open a door, even when car not locked. Every time the door is shut the alarm seems to arm itself after approx 45 secs. I Connected it to the lexia and shows No communication dialog with Alarm ECU. Any Ideas? I am thinking of replacing the Alarm ECU but I cannot find it. Can anyone help. Does the Alarm ECU need to be matched or reprogrammed?
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Re: Citroen C4 VTS ALARM ECU location?

Post by Fake Concern »

I hope you don't get exited thinking I might have an answer to this as I'm afraid i don't. the best i can suggest is try disconnecting the battery to see if it all re-sets. Also have you looked at the connections to the interior motion sensor switch? might be worth a try.
I really wanted to say hello to a fellow C4 VTS owner, we are starting to build up quite a gang of C4 Coupe owners on this forum now.
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If i remember right the alarm ecu is on the bulkhead behind the glovebox. Some basic settings need to be made with lexia like the country the car is being used in & the type of interior. There is no problem re using an alarm ecu from another car.
Have you checked to see if there is water in the siren ?
Hoffies

Post by Hoffies »

Yes, the VTS is a flashy vehicle with some nice features! I removed the glovebox but only found the BSI with fuses and tonnes of wiring, I have no clue what the alarm ecu looks like! I had a look on the steering side, removed panels, but found only a stepper motor(I think) for the ventilation. Any help further will be great!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The alarm ecu is a small black box just slightly bigger than a 10 pack of fags, it has a 2 plugs on it, a blue one at the top & a smaller brown one at the bottom. I think its located either above the BSI or clipped onto the bulkhead behind the glovebox.
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Welcome!
Franklin
Hoffies

Post by Hoffies »

Hi again, well took out the glovebox, left side in my car, looked everywhere with flashlight and mirror, only the BSI on glovebox side, no other boxesbehind, above, nowhere, I found the engine ecu in the front fuse box, the airbag box under the handbrake/gearlever, have seen no other boxes at all. Behind steering wheel(right side in my car), nothing but stepper motor for the ventilation, I have no idee where else to look? Please help. Cannot find siren nor interior motion sensors, alarm activation LED or anything that suggests that I have an alarm, although I am sure all vehicles after 2005 were imported into South Africa had alarms, and the BSI is looking for one? Please help guys!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

It's kind of sounding like your car might not have a factory fit alarm, maybe yours is an aftermarket fit ?