Xenon bulb on my HDI Exclusive is now gonne :(

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kentc5
My Cars:

Re: Xenon bulb on my HDI Exclusive is now gonne :(

Post by kentc5 »

Sorted the fuse was blown. So now all sorted.
The eBay bulb is working ....
seems to be a bit brighter and bluer though.... although it is meant to be 4300K.
I can only assume the Philips D2R on the driver side is getting a bit on the old side and lost a bit of it's performance. :)
Current Cars:
Citroen Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive ('98)
Alfa Romeo 166 2.0TS ('03)
Audi A6 C6 2.4 V6 SE ('05)
BMW 735i Individual M-Pack ('00)
Lexus GS300SE Navigator ('98)
Toyota Prius T-Spirit ('04)
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

waynedance wrote:http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/d ... guides.htm

It is this that makes me think "Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system" & "Where HID or LED dipped beam headlamps are fitted, switch on the headlamps and check the operation of any headlamp levelling and cleaning devices fitted."

Says may be fitted & check any devices fitted?????
I suspect some illiterate at the transport office has typed MAY instead of MUST. That has always been my understanding and is why HID and LED bulbs fitted as a DIY upgrade are usually illegal - not to mention down right dangerous.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

All I can say is I've had hids in now for bout 4 months now and iv had no problems..fitting them was jus like fitting normal bulbs...it fits in The The hole and is jus like normal...but hids are way more powerfull then halogen...as The headlights are crap on xantias this is an upgrade which I thought I must do as I do a lot of driving and for The sum of 25 quid it was worth The risk...I'm truely impressed with them and I strain less to se The road...only mod i done was drill hole in back of headlight cover to route the ballasts...normal height of light just alot more power...i have 6000k which are pure white didnt fancy the blue tint it ruins the apperance
99 silver 2.1td exclusive xantia
99 red 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia..
00 black 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
99 blue 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
57 blue C4 GP 1.6hdi exclusive
08 black C4 GP 2.0hdi vtr
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

and as far as a danger which i understand on cars with conventional suspension our cars are alot smoother on the roads even more then bentlys which ive noticed doesnt cause any flashing to others or blinding...ive done alot of miles with them now under all driving conditions plus our cars are self leveling...our cars should be excused as we have the machine for the lights..jus to be safe though i would put a rubber washer between the bulb and holder and ur covered totally then....but wen mot comes im not risking an arsehole failin it so il change bk to standard..2 min job :lol:
99 silver 2.1td exclusive xantia
99 red 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia..
00 black 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
99 blue 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
57 blue C4 GP 1.6hdi exclusive
08 black C4 GP 2.0hdi vtr