Manual Activation of fan from cockpit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Juliso35
My Cars:

Manual Activation of fan from cockpit

Post by Juliso35 »

Hi there!!..

I would like to share with you two improvements I've made ​​in my car recently. Unfortunately I have not been able to translate all text is somewhat difficult for me for the technical language. Anyway this is a video.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this is the spanish forum where it is explained. it is easy to understand,... it is full of photos :) :)

http://www.clubcitroenxantia.com/viewto ... 4569#p4569" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this is a improvement about some extra reverse lights. There is no explanatory post yet :(

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope it helps to someone.

P.D Mmm something is wrong with youtube linkage??? :(
:D Image :D
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Manual Activation of fan from cockpit

Post by Xaccers »

You just need to put the video reference (the part after = from the URL) between the Youtube tags.

I'm confused as to the purpose of your fan modification though.

Also, are you running the extra reverse lights off the front foglight switch rather than the reverse switch?
Interesting the fog light switch is on the dash rather than the light stalk.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Juliso35
My Cars:

Post by Juliso35 »

Hi Xac

I'll try to explain with my limited technical english language :oops:

The purpose of the modification are actually two: one to indicate that both fans are working correctly on first or second speed. In my country there are very steep climbs and is very difficult to know if everything is working very well under the hood when you see the temperature gauge rising in this situations where you can't stop until you reach the top. Many cars behind you and someplaces have only one lane. :wink:

The second is that if something goes wrong you can activate from cockpit the fastest speed for you and the engine safety.
It has two color LED indicators. The button becomes green when the fans are working at low speed. Also it makes a curious aquamarine color when the second speed is activated specially on climbs :) . If it lights only blue is just one fan that is working. it will indicate that you have a failure in the fan system.

The extra reverse lights has an additional switch. This switch was installed using one of the two free bays available.

Thanks for your interest!!

P.D I tried the Youtube linkage changes you suggested but the embedded player didn't appear :? . Maybe I did something wrong . Excuse me
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Xac wrote:You just need to put the video reference (the part after = from the URL) between the Youtube tags.

I'm confused as to the purpose of your fan modification though.
Bogota has some seriously steep hills, they tend to build roads straight up hills rather than make them twisty to lessen the gradients. Some of them are hilariously steep, unlike pretty much anything I've seen here apart from a couple of short stretches in the lake district. I imagine the modification has been done to allow ensure the fans are running when you need them to be - think 35C +, and a long 1 in 4 hill , one lane either way, with a queue of traffic behind. Not where you want a sudden overheating moment if your fan controller decides you're having no fan.
Juliso35
My Cars:

Post by Juliso35 »

Hi Northern_Mike

You said it best!! :wink:

I was referring to the tracks on roads outside the city. The following video is one taken from my dashcam in one of my latest trips. After passing the tunnel there is a steep climb where you can't stop because all the cars go fast and push behind you. Unfortunately not very noticeable on video but the inclination is quite strong