External temperature

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

captaintau
My Cars:

External temperature

Post by captaintau »

The thermometer on my 2001 C5 doesn't work. I understand this is a common problem and I need to replace the piece in the nearside mirror. Where can I get one from? Those on eBay are all second hand so I would imagine may not work either.
dawsy 22
My Cars:

Re: External temperature

Post by dawsy 22 »

Main dealer prob the best bet about £18.00 according to some posts on here I have mine to do but am afraid of breaking the mirror glass to get to the sensor let us know how you get on
Regards Ian
Thanks Ian
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Post by civvie »

Mine went on my old C5 whilst it was under warranty. Dropped into the local Citroen garage to tell them about it. Was told it is an important part as it reads the outside temp and the computers on-board use this data to enable the car to run properly, they fixed it there and then.
Might be an idea to get it replaced sooner rather then later.
Steve

C5 2.2hdi auto until I sell it (sold it) now have Peugeot 3008 1.6HDI (Now sold)
Had the jab a couple of days ago. Feb 21
captaintau
My Cars:

Post by captaintau »

Given that the two options for fitting seem to be taking the door apart or soldering inside the mirror, as long as the price is reasonable then I might as well see if the dealer will do it for me.

Thanks.
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Post by civvie »

As I said the dealer did mine, but if you can pop the mirror glass out of the assembly you should be able to see the sensor poking out the bottom, it might be an idea to take the mirror adjusting assembly out to make access better.
If you do take the mirror out be aware of the two wires attached for the mirror heater. Yes it is a solder jobbie.

I had to replace the mirror glass on the nearside due to a muppet motorcyclist speeding up the inside and breaking the glass had a good look inside when I replaced the mirror.

good luck.
Steve

C5 2.2hdi auto until I sell it (sold it) now have Peugeot 3008 1.6HDI (Now sold)
Had the jab a couple of days ago. Feb 21