lexia,getting going

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

lexia,getting going

Post by deano1970 »

hi,
I got a lexia from e bay. managed to load software and tried connecting to my car, it finds my vin number then next screen says RPO missing information, and a blank field, does anyone know what I am supposed to put in here? cos I can't get any further than this? thanks......... :x
C5 X7
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: lexia,getting going

Post by spider »

The build code.

The six (sometimes) digit number on the sticker on the strut tower / door shut / door area. Its normally the first four numbers out of the six, just helps identify the build date (week I think) of the vehicle.

If its something like 790345 the code is 7903
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

Cheer for the info, I have had a lexia session with another forum user and suspected this was it and I tried it but got an error... Came up with an error box with a Red Cross on it, windows not the software... Wonder if I should re load the software And try again??
C5 X7
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

deano1970 wrote:Cheer for the info, I have had a lexia session with another forum user and suspected this was it and I tried it but got an error... Came up with an error box with a Red Cross on it, windows not the software... Wonder if I should re load the software And try again??
Can you screenshot the error or type out what it says?
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

hi ben,
I am going to go and try it again now and I will post a snapshot of it on here if I am able to do that, otherwise I will write it down and post on here,thanks..........
C5 X7
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

ok, the windows error message seems to have gone, but I am getting the message "the communication card is incorrectly initialised, the tool must be restarted....I have tried re booting the lappy a few times and keep getting same message? anybody any ideas? it finds my vin ok and acceptd the rpo code but then I get no further because of this message?? Thanks........
C5 X7
wideboyno1
My Cars:

Post by wideboyno1 »

Hi,

Had the communication error myself when I first installed.
I find that after you have chosen car,got vin and then put in rpo number its best to unplug the usb leading from the tool and then put back in before you actually press the top menu to start Lexia.
Seems to work every time doing it that way.

Hope this helps.
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

ok thanks for that,I shall go now and try it, I will report back later, thanks for the advice :-D
C5 X7
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

I don't actually have a usb cable plugged into the unit with the citroen and peugeot logo on it, I have a vga cable that came with it plugged in there and the other end is usb which I plug into my laptop, although I note there is a usb slot next to the vga port on the unit? am I setting it up correctly??
C5 X7
wideboyno1
My Cars:

Post by wideboyno1 »

sorry,should have been more detailed. I actually only meant just to unplug the usb cable from your pc/laptop.

So plug tool into car and other end into laptop.Start up diagbox and choose your car.Let it find Vin number and put in rpo number.
After putting in rpo,unplug the usb lead from laptop and plug back in.After you hear the windows 'found hardware' beeps press the button in diagbox to start lexia.It should then work fine.I suffered your exact same problem numerous times before another user on here gave me this tip.

Let us know how you get on.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Yep, exactly right. Begin with the USB plug connected before launching Diagbox, however just before you press the Lexia button within Diagbox unplug the USB plug, wait for the device disconnected chime, plug it back in, wait for the device connected chime then press the Lexia button. (It's helpful to have the sound turned up and USB connection alert sounds enabled in Windows, which they are by default)

This is a well known issue with Diagbox on non-genuine interfaces, they all do it as far as I know. No big deal once you know about it. Mine came with the above advice on the printed documentation.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

cheers everyone, up and running and it's working fine....cheers....finally got my key programmed that I had cut ages ago from car key help....don't really know how to use it but managed to program my new key ok after forum user oneday showed me with his lexia...The lexia I bought came with a disc with v6.24 update...don't know if it's worth updating it or not,especially as I now have it working, don't want to mess it up,thanks again........ :)
C5 X7
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

I don't think Lexia itself has been updated since 6.24 (latest diagbox is 7.07 at last check), so benefit is really only for newer vehicles. Changelogs don't get included either so we don't know what has changed either.
But up to you whether you update or not :)
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

yeah, I think I will quit while i am ahead and it's working........ :-D
C5 X7
wideboyno1
My Cars:

Post by wideboyno1 »

deano1970 wrote:yeah, I think I will quit while i am ahead and it's working........ :-D
Sounds like a plan! Glad to hear you're up and running.