HELP Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ben shuck
New User

HELP Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDI

Post by ben shuck »

Wondered if anyone on here could offer some advice.
I brought a 53 reg Dispatch to repair as had head gasket gone
I spent a week pulling the engine out & tried removing the head but couldn't remove one of the head bolts so had to cut the head off in the end & replace with a new one.
Van ran lovely after work was completed, drove 110 miles home without issue. Once home, I changed the water cap as thought the old one was leaking & hey presto, suddenly had loads of problems... :x
The water pipe union was diagnosed with a crack & therefore as I was driving the water was escaping from the expansion bottle. Crack got worse & pipe union exploded. Now my question is, I have ordered a new pipe union which will come tomorrow but I've had some advice that the explosion of the union could only be a symptom of a further problem rather than the problem itself.... Does anyone here have any experience of this kind of thing happening & do you think that replacing the union will only be a temporary fix & it'll go again?
I'm concerned that I'm going to have to start from scratch with another engine out job!! Any advice/guidance would be brilliant please as I'm getting to the end of my tether & desperately need van for work!! :)
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: HELP Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDI

Post by Lighty »

You need to get a combustion leak test done to see if the head gasket has failed, or you have a crack in the block etc, most garages can do this test nowadays
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami