Citroen pluriel 2004 central locking dead

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pam
New User

Citroen pluriel 2004 central locking dead

Post by Pam »

Up until a week ago my car was mechanically ok, last Monday pressed the fob I could hear the locks unlocking but it didn't , the fuses were checked, key fob appeared ok, but had to get in using passenger side. The boot opened and the passenger side opened with a key, the drivers side doesn't have a key, so I bought a door lock for drivers side, used the computor and new lock to see if that was the problem to all intent and purpose the car told the controls to lock and unlock the car but it didn't the drivers side remained fast my question is does this mean that it is the control panel in the dashboard that gone the BSI I hope I have explained this enough I am new to this and really don't have any ideas but thanks to anyone who can advise me and hopefully help
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Citroen pluriel 2004 central locking dead

Post by wheeler »

First thing i would try for a fault like this is a BSI reset. To do this take the keys out the ignition (but dont leave them in the car), open the bonnet, close all the doors & boot, wait at least 3 minutes (during this time dont open any doors or press any remote buttons), disconnect one of the battery leads (positive is easier as you dont need tools). Wait 3 minutes then reconect the battery, wait another 3 minutes before opening any doors or doing anything. get inside the car & switch the ignition on then keep pressing the lock button on the remote repeatedly for 10 seconds, remove the key from the ignition then wait 30 seconds & try the remote & locking buttons to see if they now work.
Also were all the fuses checked of just the ones that list anything to do with the locking ?
Pam
New User

Re: Citroen pluriel 2004 central locking dead

Post by Pam »

My friend has tried all you have suggested and we are ready to give it a goodthrashing