Xantia Electrics

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sidog70
My Cars:

Xantia Electrics

Post by sidog70 »

before i start this car is superb !!!!
BUT got a weird problem on electrics and in need of help URGENTLY.. the problem is keyfob stopped working and now have no mileometer,radio,cloc/temp/electric windows, the dashboard lights work and so do headlights.. and now car wont start as cant unlock car so immobiliser wont go off also becos everything is from keyfob cant put petrol in car as petrol flap is locked too..the model i have is 1999 1.8 16v stateside.PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

is your battery dead?
sidog70
My Cars:

Post by sidog70 »

it was not flat at first but is dead now..just through me trying to constantly start the car...something i failed to mention is when the car did start when you put the indicators on the clock would flash with indicators and could get windows down but very slowly and intermittently also rev and speed needles would spin around erratically.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Sounds as either a bad earth or a bad +12V battery feed distributor junction box.
I'd take a good lok over the bits connected near the battery.
sidog70
My Cars:

Post by sidog70 »

cheers ander & wrinklet1
But im a real mechanical idiot, becos its not starting and need car for work its currently in citroen dealer as no auto electric mechanics would touch the xantia, they cant work on it til monday, in your experience do you think im going to get stung for a lot of money with this problem by citroen dealer...
funnily enough when removing the cover of the big black box near battery and removing a green square fuse and also a black squre fuse the car did start after that a couple of time (i do apologise for my mechanical ignorance)
thanx
[:(]
sidog70
My Cars:

Post by sidog70 »

just had dealers on phone problem is there is 12.5v going to fuse box when should only be about 1.5v so they are gonna traceroute the cable to find problem they have quoted me a price of £105 for fixing the problem.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Sounds expensive to me but if you need the car for work you have no choice really. Wiring problems can sometimes be easily sorted and sometimes not.I have found that the + on the battery terminal sometimes needs a good tightening as it wears away and that can cause electrical 'glitches'.
Anyway good luck sidog70 and dont be put off your car. Dont forget Citroens are like women but less temperamental!!!
Paul
sidog70
My Cars:

Post by sidog70 »

Cheers Wrinklet
I was in a bit of stewper so needed car.. the car is fantastic and have had it 10 months and this is only thing to go wrong, so im pleased....the model i have is 1999 16v 1.8 Stateside which comes with clarion cd changer in boot, when got cd on it constantly jumps, is this a problem easily resolved..
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">1999 1.8 16v Stateside
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Sounds like the cd changer isnt bolted down, tighten the screws and try it. If not have a look on the side, you may see a round plate or similar with an arrow on it, make sure it is pointing upwards, this is for the shock absorbtion. Perhaps usind a CD lens cleaner too would help.
Paul
sidog70
My Cars:

Post by sidog70 »

nice 1 paul
will try this when i get car back tomorrow..