Xantia 4.5mm hydraulic pipe

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

eye_flys

Xantia 4.5mm hydraulic pipe

Post by eye_flys »

I bought my cheap Xantia TD estate last year, it's been really reliable so far, until I noticed a pool of LHM under the rear nearside.

It's the pipe that travels from a 3-way union, over the rear suspension subframe and to the engine bay. Most of it is in good condition, just the rear 50cm or so is grotty. The route into the engine bay is confusing and I can't work out which pipe goes where. #-o I'm a bit stuck now...

Does anyone on here make 4.5mm pipes?
1996 Xantia 1.9 TD SX estate - happily running on veg oil
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: Xantia 4.5mm hydraulic pipe

Post by citroenxm »

Thats your rear brake supply pipe...

Where it goes depends if you have ABS or not...

If you have ABS then the pipe goes directly to the ABS valve block, just ahead of the LHM tank..

If it doesn't have ABS, I THINK it goes directly to the 4 or 5 way connecting manifold, on the bulk head, which goto the brake valve.

The pipe runs over the top of the front subframe, and joins the grouped pipes running UP to the back of the engine bay then branch of to where they need to go, in your case with ABS to the ABS block..

I have stocks of aleady removed pipes from other cars, so I swap a whole pipe to a car.

As for removing yours, you will need to lower one side of the subframe to gain better access to the pipe, and to remove it.. However, with any luck you need to be sure the pipe union will undo, my experiance is rusted untions and rounded heads, then trouble.

Lowering the subframe is not too daunting, but the car MUST BE SECURLY SUPPORTED !!

Theres only two bolts each side holding the frame on...
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto