Parking Sensors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Fuzzybrush
My Cars:

Parking Sensors

Post by Fuzzybrush »

Is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of the parking sensores using Lexia? I have a C5 III and when I reverse down my drive they all go off. when I had the C6 they only sounded if I got too close to the wall. Thanks for any help :?
2009 Citroen C5 III 2.7 V6 HDI Exclusive in really shiny Black
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Parking Sensors

Post by qprdude »

It's more likely to be the lower position or the angle of the sensors than the sensitivity I would have thought. If they go off when you reverse down the drive, they would do the same if you reversed along the street . Is it only when going down the drive? Is there a "dip" in the drive. Are there hedges or anything at the sides which might be activating them, they have a fair side angle area .
When I reverse out of my drive, my sensors activate when the car dips going from lowered pavement to street level, but just for a couple of seconds. No idea if they can be adjusted, but bear in mind that the factory settings are probably set for optimum safety.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Fuzzybrush
My Cars:

Post by Fuzzybrush »

Thanks for the feedback. Now that you mentioned it, it could be that the sensors on the C5 are lower than the C6. Its just really annoying. The one thing I do like is the way the fog lights come on if you get the nose too close to the walls :-)

Thanks again,
Dave
2009 Citroen C5 III 2.7 V6 HDI Exclusive in really shiny Black
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

My turn on the senors, was interested in them after this topic and discovering that nothing exact is written in the car booklet. I've experimented, took a standard laminate wooden floor piece (rougly 19 cm wide, or 7,5 in), put it vertical from the ground up, rear of the car (the car had a "driver" that put the car in reverse), and was closing in to the car with the board by walking in the car's center line. The zones that the sensors detected (green, yellow, red) were at 1,20m, 80cm, 60cm, and the red exclamation mark appeared at 40 cm. My first thought was, whoa, that is really a comfort car parking zone. Then, testing in "real-live driving conditions". Car reversing to another car: the red exclamation mark appears at around 15 cm, bumper from bumper. It seems the car is "smart", in one way or another, and treats different obstacles differently (light posts, poles, guard rails ... and other cars, walls).

I was surprised that any such details aren't mentioned in the car booklet, it seems you have to have a crash course to determine for your self, and get the feeling of the sensors sensitivity (NOTE: never trust just the sensors).
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

On my owners handbook it says "when the obstacle is less than approximately 25 cms from your vehicle, the sound signal becomes continuous and a warning panel appears on the display.
Rick.

vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I can't rule out that these details are "lost in translation", the first handbook in my car was the older (1st print) in Italian language (car was from Italy), the second I've ordered is the latest version, in Croatian. I only have the colored diagrams showing the sensor zones around the car, with no additional details, such as how far from the obstacle. I have the color screen navigation in my car, maybe there too is the difference from the monochrome smaller screens (and related info in the booklets).
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

I have the full colour screen(sat nav) too. I downloaded the owners handbook in English in PDF format. Can't remember where I downloaded it from , but there are several free sites. I got a handbook with the car, but the PDF on my laptop is easier to follow than the small booklet.
The panel on my screen shows the shaded areas getting closer to the car diagram as the obstacle gets nearer, and it shows which sensor the object is closest to by being a darker shade.
Rick.

vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

If it is not a secret, which radio-satnav do you have in your car? Mine is a RNEG (Harman Becker) ... there should be differences between these units as well, how they use the sensors, and how they're configured in the main firmware.
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Think it's Navidrive RT4, version 8.02. Yours would be a newer unit
Rick.

vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

For you and others in doubt, a quick visual overview of the units:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/peugeot ... s-psa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (hope linking t them is not a problem).

I don't think mine is newer (or that much newer), the RNEG is also know as myWay, should have been installed from the 2008 ... the C5s from 2011 onwards have the eMyWay installed (or other units, depending on the option). I'm not sure about exact differences, but yours should have a built in HDD, right?
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Think the majority of 2008 cars, possibly all, were fitted with the RT4. I think the "MyWay" units arrived after the first X7 builds.
Rick.