Xantia Heater Blower

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Wobblybob

Xantia Heater Blower

Post by Wobblybob »

Can anyone please help. I've got a Xantia TD Estate 99 Facelift model. The heater blower works fine until I turn it onto full. Then it runs for a second or two and cuts out. I have to turn the fan off leave it a couple of minutes and then turn it on again. It will work fine until I turn it onto full again, then the same thing happens. I read somewhere that the contacts behind the ignition sometimes play up. Could that be the problem. Any advice would be appreciated.
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

Might be problems with part of ignition. I have had almost the same problem since last fall. Recently the blower fan did not want to work at all when it was warm outside & driving in the city driving 50 km per hour. When it was colder outside, fan worked couple of minutes on position one and two. If I turned it on choosing position three or four fan would worked for ten or 15 sec and after that it would just stopped working in the way that was described.
Couple of weeks ago I purchased new blower fan & service installed it. Since then, no more problems of that kind.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Wobblybob

Post by Wobblybob »

Thanks akojic & AndersDK for the advice, I'll try ignition first, then the fan.