C5 2009, replacement of blower fan

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Steverosewell

C5 2009, replacement of blower fan

Post by Steverosewell »

Hi All,
I have recently posted and discussed the location of the heater control module that controls the fan on my C5 estate. The resulting outcome after finding this module and replacing it was that the fault now probably lies with the fan motor itself. (incidently, if anyone experiences a fault on a modern C5 relating to heaters/fans etc then let me know if you want any help as I have gained a little experience over the last few weeks).

My next request for information relates to the removal of the old fan. I assume that it is near the heater control resister module which is behind the glove box but I dont know the full extent of how to access it. I would also assume that the glove box needs to be removed completely but would like advice regards how much of the dash may need to come away for access.

Thanks in anticipation guys.

Regards

Steve
marcon

Re: C5 2009, replacement of blower fan

Post by marcon »

Steve, Sorry I cannot help with your problem, but maybe you can help with mine. I have just bought a 2009 C5 2.0HDI Estate and unfortunately the one thing I did not test before I bought was the air-con. I have a warranty on the car but will not be able to get back to the dealer for a few weeks but it wasn't the end of the world not having the air-con (Summer has not really arrived here). However since a few days ago the fans have been staying on constantly regardless of what settings I use, even when the control for the fans is in the off position. When I turn off the engine the fans stop immediately and then start immediately when the engine starts again. Needless to say this is driving me mad and wonder have you any thoughts on this.