Berlingo Heater Matrix

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sud

Berlingo Heater Matrix

Post by Sud »

I have a 2000 Berlingo with a water leak in the interior which I suspect is the heater matrix. Is this a common fault - a little strange for such a new van. Can anybody give me any advice on replacing the unit any diagrams would be of great help. How much is a replacement matrix?
Thanks
Chris
Jon

Post by Jon »

The matrix is £29.50 from GSF.
Unfortunately the Berlingo matrix is the same one as used in the Xantia and Zx models. They don't have a great reputation and tend to clog up at the bottom as the matrix sits facing down the the dashboard. Unfortunately, to change one is a "dash out" job on the ZX, and as the Berlingo dash is very similar I'd suspect that this would also be the case.
Having said that, its usual to get 100k miles plus out of a matrix.
Are you sure that its definately coolant in the footwells? Might be rain water caused by a blocked scuttle drain unde the bonnet. Have a look under the bonnet at the scuttle (behind the bulkhead, battery side) and see if its blocked with leaves and muck or if theres any water lying there.
Sud

Post by Sud »

Thanks Jon,
Dash out!!Your a bringer of bad news buddy!
It's def the matrix it was steaming up the windscreen the day before and its def coolant on the mat.