Xantia Estate Parcel Shelf

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

melkig
My Cars:

Xantia Estate Parcel Shelf

Post by melkig »

Hi All,

when I got my Xantia Estate, it had no parcel shelf so I'm trying to locate one..now I realise they are like hen's teeth these days but does anyone know if I can get a MK1 or MK2? Will both fit my late MK1 estate or do I need to stick with a MK1 example?
Cheers
1998 Late MK1 Xantia
Running on WVO in the wilds of Yorkshire
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Xantia Estate Parcel Shelf

Post by RichardW »

Same part number for Mk1 and 2 - NFP from Citroen, probably just as well, as they wanted over £500 for one last time I looked :twisted:
Richard W
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

I have a couple of complete spare ones, but you'll need to collect as they are too lage to post! :shock: I've also got replacement pattern rear cover clips, both LH & RH, you know the parts that always snap.

Handyman
melkig
My Cars:

Post by melkig »

Thanks Guys,

Handyman; didn't have my location set but have now...Yorkshire unfortunately....However I am going across to France by the tunnel at the end of March so will be down your way. If I don't get sorted before then I may PM you around the time if that's ok?
Cheers
1998 Late MK1 Xantia
Running on WVO in the wilds of Yorkshire
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

handyman wrote: I've also got replacement pattern rear cover clips, both LH & RH, you know the parts that always snap.
That's good to know. If you're a skin-flint like me, it's possible to successfully repair the plastic 'pin' parts on the roller cover itself.

What I did was to first remove the broken half from the cover (part A) - this had a handy pin-hole that continued on into the broken-off 'pin' half (Part B). I found a really long thin (probably a #4 or #5) self-tapper with a small cross-head; with vernier callipers, I carefully measured the root diameter of the self-tapper's thread and found a drill that was the same diameter (actually a few hundredths of a mm smaller). I super-glued the two halves back together before very carefully I drilling through the glued clip; before I had drilled B deep enough, the glue joint broke but it didn't matter, I just finished drilling B ensuring it was a little deeper than necessary.

Then I opened out the hole in A to a whisker less than the thread diameter (better that than a bit oversize) and very, very carefully drilled a recess just big-enough for the screw head. All that remained was to screw the two halve back together. If your super-glue is better or you're more careful than me, you still need to put a screw in to reinforce the plastic that's gone a bit brittle with age - akin to a hip replacement.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Heres another one thats popped up on the Flea pit..

Load Cover ESTATE

AND ANOTHER
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto