C8 door lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MonkeyMark

C8 door lights

Post by MonkeyMark »

Whilst cleaning my car I got curious. Its a base model 03 C8.
The front doors have blanking plates where lights would be. When I removed the plate a cable was there to plug into a light so I inserted the one from the boot, but it won't come on.

Is there a secret to getting it to come on ( does it just light when the door is opened or do you have to have headlights on too) or is it a case that the wiring will be incomplete and lead to nowhere? I don't really fancy removing the door card just to find out as it was a pig to put back on last time.

EDIT: Does the light in the glove box ever go out? Just put a new bulb in and it looks like its on all the time.
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Re: C8 door lights

Post by miked »

I've just been out, unlocked the 807 and opened the door and the light above the door pocket lit up. So no need for headlights.
The glove box light only came on when I put the ignition on, but I honestly can't tell if it goes out or not when the lid shuts. Actually I wish you hadn't asked :-) It won't be tonight but at some point I'm going to have to shut the camcorder in there while it's recording to satisfy my curiosity.
MonkeyMark

Post by MonkeyMark »

miked wrote:I've just been out, unlocked the 807 and opened the door and the light above the door pocket lit up. So no need for headlights.
The glove box light only came on when I put the ignition on, but I honestly can't tell if it goes out or not when the lid shuts. Actually I wish you hadn't asked :-) It won't be tonight but at some point I'm going to have to shut the camcorder in there while it's recording to satisfy my curiosity.
Thanks for the effort. Much appreciated.

And the thought that it's going to drive you nuts till you find out makes me chuckle.

So then, the question is: is my wiring incomplete? Or do I need to find out what the problem is? Any idea which fuse it runs from?
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
miked

Post by miked »

The handbook makes no mention of interior light fuses other than fuse 12 "courtesy lights." I'll pull it out after work tomorrow when I can see what I'm doing and let you know.
MonkeyMark

Post by MonkeyMark »

miked wrote:The handbook makes no mention of interior light fuses other than fuse 12 "courtesy lights." I'll pull it out after work tomorrow when I can see what I'm doing and let you know.
OK thanks.
If its running from the same fuse as the other courtesy lights and the glove box then I presumes its not connected somewhere else. That's a shame.
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I wonder if this is something that would be set up via a Lexia?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
MonkeyMark

Post by MonkeyMark »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:I wonder if this is something that would be set up via a Lexia?
Well I am looking into getting a lexia anyway, so that would be another good excuse :-D

That reminds me, want to find some instructions or similar for the lexia to give me an idea what it can be used for.
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
miked

Post by miked »

Well, I pulled fuse 12 out, and all the interior lights stayed on. So I tried fuse 4 "Supply to functions via the built-in systems interface" and it's not that one either.
If you have time yourself to figure out which fuse does the roof lights I'll give it another go.

They certainly don't come on and go off at the same time as the lights in the roof. They go out when the door is shut even though the roof lights stay lit. And with the door open they stay on when I turn the ignition on (when the roof lights go off).
MonkeyMark

Post by MonkeyMark »

Ok, thanks for trying.

Reading through some other threads I came across someone (sorry can't remember who) trying to get to grips with a lexia and the option to switch on door lights was mentioned. So perhaps yes, it is something that could be altered, albeit with the right equipment.
If that is the case, then the reasons for buying said right equipment are adding up.
Happy(ish) C8 owner.