ZX Aura, Heater blower fan stopped working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

ZX Aura, Heater blower fan stopped working

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

my heater blower motor has stopped working, the fuses are all ok, i cannott find out what is the problem and with the weather recently, i need it 2 de-mist my windscreen! could the problem be the heater fan resistor?
thans,
dan
Jon

Post by Jon »

Could be water ingress into the heater motor, common ZX problem, water collects in the scuttle under the bonnet and can't drain away (drain blocked on n/s where the wiring loom passes through the bottom of the scuttle) and so water finds its way into the heater motor inlet vent when the level is high enough!
Best plan to get under the dash, passenger side (it might help to remove the glovebox) and remove the heater motor, it drops down and is secured with three bolts. Test and see if you have a + feed to the wires (heater fan and ignition on). If you do, try giving the heater motor (out of the car) a direct feed from a battery and see if it turns, mosy likely it will try and turn slowly, meaning its seized up.
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

thanks for the help, i will be tackiling the problem this saturday and will report back with the outcome.
thanks again
dan
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

My heater motor stopped after I replaced the bulb's in the dash. I found that if I turn on the heater to number 4 and then turn on the ignition and then turn the heater to number 2, turn off the ignition and then back on again the thing works fine. Not had had any trouble since though.