Estate tailgate glass microswitch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Philjw
My Cars:

Estate tailgate glass microswitch

Post by Philjw »

Hi All,
My glass on the C5 estate tailgate has stopped opening again. It's had the mod to the wiring long ago. This time it seems to be the microswitch which shows no continuty either with the switch pressed or not. If I were to replace the switch (and I do like the glass to open when I park the car near a wall etc.)
1. how much does the switch cost and
2. do I have to get the wiper arm off the glass to feed the plug and wiring through to its connector? I ask this as the arm does not want to come of easily. :( Does it need a puller to remove the arm?
Phil

05 C5 Estate 2.0 16v + 05 C4 Hatchback 2.0 16V
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Re: Estate tailgate glass microswitch

Post by mooseshaver »

From memory the arm had a nut to undo but they seize. The AA man had trouble when I had a new glass. I had to but a new arm from eBay.
The plastic cover come off, has a release in the hole underneath.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
dexy350
My Cars:

Post by dexy350 »

Hi
I changed my switch ,there is a black cover see if you can persuade this to come off to reveal the old switch , take old switch out cut the wires as close to the switch as you can .
now citroen want a fortune for a new switch ,So i went to maplins and got a push button waterproof switch to fit in the place were the old switch come out bit if soldering and messing about ,try out and refit black cap ,bingo new switch fitted for under a tenner
Will try and post some pics
Dexy
Dexy
C5 2.2 HDI SX 02
C5 2hdi exclusive est 06
C5 2hdi exclusive 09
maximus2
My Cars: Citroen C5 2007 exclusive estate

Post by maximus2 »

Hi Dexy.

Can you give me some idea of the micro switch you got from Maplins-there seem to be many. Thank you.