disable abs on berlingo .............

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bobb

disable abs on berlingo .............

Post by bobb »

Hello, i have a problem with abs system on berlingo 1.6 hdi van 2007...i need the van for work for next 2 weeks,how can i disable abs system so i have normal braking until i take van to get it fixed....looked in manual & it says fuse 3 located in engine bay is for abs....will removing this fuse disable abs & give me normal braking....also will speedometer still work if i pull this fuse......thanks............
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: disable abs on berlingo .............

Post by RichardW »

It should give you 'normal' braking - however, be aware that there may well not be a rear brake compensator, and that running without ABS may result in the back end locking up under heavy braking when lightly loaded, and trying to come round and meet you :lol: this might of course be preferable to hyperactive ABS preventing the van stopping! Fitting a new reluctor ring is easy enough, so worth getting it done ASAP.
Richard W
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

RichardW wrote:It should give you 'normal' braking - however, be aware that there may well not be a rear brake compensator, and that running without ABS may result in the back end locking up under heavy braking when lightly loaded, and trying to come round and meet you :lol: this might of course be preferable to hyperactive ABS preventing the van stopping! Fitting a new reluctor ring is easy enough, so worth getting it done ASAP.
There is a compensator valve on them. They're famous for having squeaky springs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
bobb

Post by bobb »

hi,thanks both for the replies & advice i.ll remove fuse tomo & see how it goes...........