berlingo reluctor ring...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bobb

berlingo reluctor ring...

Post by bobb »

Hi, i own a berlingo 600 van 1.6 hdi 2007....abs light always on it,a friend traced fault to left hand sensor we,ve inspected it & theres no reluctor ring on driveshaft but has 1 on right hand d/shaft...is it possible to fit new reluctor ring on existing d/shaft or will it mean buying a new d/shaft..friend says u cant buy em...only as complete d/shaft,looks like non abs d/shaft been fitted...............i,d appreciate any advice u can give me.....
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: berlingo reluctor ring...

Post by spider »

Welcome.

I seem to think that's correct in that you cannot get them as an individual part. I've seen them come off before.

It may be possible to obtain one from a scrayyard (either the ring or a complete shaft would be easier) and fit it although trying to fit just the ring might be a problem as it *must* turn with the shaft. I'm just not sure how you'd attach it if you got it knocked off the old donor ABS shaft that's all.

I had a 406 in once where they were loose on the shaft, the result was no front brakes as the ABS unit decided the wheels were about to lock or locked as the front rings stayed still while the vehicle was moving. It was not a nice experience stopping a loaded estate car with just rear brakes :D

I do not see one listed as a separate part for a Partner van (same as Berlingo) although I don't have Citroen data. It just shows with / without ABS although you can happily fit an ABS shaft to a non ABS vehicle in most cases just sounds like bad luck you got a non ABS shaft (or possibly an earlier shaft from a donor, later ones may all have the rings)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

on ebay reluctor rings for belingo http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-BERLI ... 27bdf84ca1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

more available if you search
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
bobb

Post by bobb »

thank u both for the quick replies,i,ve never owned a citroen before so its much appreciated......................