C5 hdi suspension soft

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johntom

C5 hdi suspension soft

Post by johntom »

Hi
I have a 2005 facelift C5 hdi estate 138 (no sport switch) and the ride feels very, very soft. When travelling slowly over pot holes or bumps it feels like you're in a rowing boat on a choppy sea! The movement seems to be sideways not front to back. Also there seems to be a fair amount of body roll on roundabouts etc. I topped the suspension fluid up to 1/2 way up the raised square on the resovoir shortly after buying the car a few months ago, could it be the spheres ?
I have Lexia and the suspension is set to 'soft' can this be altered ?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: C5 hdi suspension soft

Post by Peter.N. »

It could be a disconnected anti roll bar drop link. The suspension normally is soft on these cars, that's what people buy them for, if the spheres are deteriorating the ride will tend to go hard. Try bouncing either end of the car, if the spheres are good you should have about 6" of up and down movement at the rear and about 4-5" at the front which will also be much firmer.

If it doesn't have the 'sport' switch the suspension is non adjustable - apart from height.

Peter
johntom

Re: C5 hdi suspension soft

Post by johntom »

Ok thanks, there does seem to be a bit of a faint knock over bumps. I will take the wheels off at he weekend and see what's adrift.